SSRS reports PrintProgram

We have been having problems with our PO SSRS Reports (we have three custom flavors). All work fine in PROD, but TEST is a mess. Only one works in TEST. I have copied down the style and RDD from PROD (for one that doesn’t work in TEST) and uploaded to TEST, but it fails. I think it has to do with the PrintProgram.

When I look in the SSRS “directory” (I know it’s not actually a directory) using the Server URL, there are seven folders under CustomReports. In Epicor, I have only five report styles. Only one (the report that works) has a PrintProgram that matches a folder in the server “directory.”

So… I am thinking that it be easiest to delete all the report styles from TEST and move (via Solution workbench or just download/upload) the three that work in PROD.

Questions:

1. If I delete a style from within Epicor, will the corresponding folder on the server also be deleted? What if there is no corresponding folder?

2. Is there any harm in deleting from the server all the PO folders and all the styles from the database and then bringing over the three working PROD reports in a Solution? If I do it this way, will Epicor create the correct print program for each?

I should note that the print program on the PROD reports (which do work) do not match to any of “folders” on the PROD server URL. Or is there not supposed to be a link between the “directory” folder and the print program?

Thanks.

Its better to delete custom report style and folder from Test and replace it with the one from live. There is link between the folder defined in Report Style and SSRS URL.

Sam,

I am not quite sure what you refer to when you say “print program”. Each report style should have a Report path. This report path is where the RDL is stored on the ReportServer (aka which ‘directory’). This report path is what points the style to the correct report on the server. If the TEST report server does not have the RDL in the correct path that the report style has, it will not work.

Using Solution Workbench to bring over the three working reports from PROD to TEST would work just fine because it will also import the RDL to the correct location on the report server automatically for you. Just grab the three Report Styles, Report Data Definitions, and then include the RDLs when it asks in a pop up and you should be good. It also will overwrite anything in TEST that may be in the way so you wouldn’t have to worry about deleting anything if you didn’t want to.