Standard Cost

Mark, my last question is, whatever I load into the cost group will be posted, correct?

I am getting confused with the functionality of this workbench.

Even though you can search and then select a purchased part and bring it into the tree, the program doesn’t just roll and post what is in the tree, right? The program rolls and posts whatever was included in the load, correct?

The general idea is:

• populate a cost group
  • update the costs
  • If doing Make parts/Sales Kits, then Roll
  • Review new costs
Only items in the cost group are posted. Rolling might bring in parts required to do the roll up. Try rolling a single make part. Do the roll. Now search for Make and Purchased parts.

But only parts in the group are posted. That is correct.

The reason I am asking is because I see parts where they are maybe obsolete or we don’t want to roll their costs. It seems like I can’t filter out purchased parts before posting. Do you have the same issue?

Since we rolled the purchase parts first then posted, even though purchase parts might show up when we did the Make parts, the cost SHOULDN’T change because they don’t have bills and won’t roll. So there is no harm in those parts being there. If obsolete purchase parts are on bills, then you might have some cleaning to do…

Understood.

I am on the “rolling the purchased parts first step” and I am wondering Mark… I chose to load only purchased parts, unlinked as you first posted. My question is, can I choose which purchased parts to post and which parts not to post or do I have to post everything that came in with my load?

Oh. No, you can delete parts out of the Cost Group. Highlight and press Delete or hit the Red X.

However, when you get to the make parts, and some of those parts are on bills of parts that you are rolling, then they will get pulled back in. So make sure those obsolete parts are replaced with active parts or removed from the bill if not required.

Technically, you don’t roll purchase parts. Only parts with a bill of material need to be rolled up.

1 Like

You don’t roll purchase parts because they don’t have a bill… I understand.

I am selecting a part in the Purchased Parts Grid, but it doesn’t give me the option to delete it from the group…? Is it a bug or am I just not doing something correctly?

Hmm. I thought I could.

The next best thing is to set that part to its standard so it doesn’t change. That’s a pain, but it works!

Alright, that is what I thought we would have to do :frowning: I was just asking in case there was some better way.

I appreciate your help and time Mark, thank you.

For the record, when you load part costs and post costs there are filters, but they don’t seem to apply to purchased parts. I thought that would be an option too, but it is not.