Streamlined reporting?

So, I found out today that what I am asking for already exists in epicor. We have Advanced Material Management module, and the "Work queue" is pretty much what I described in my question.There are a couple of extra clicks, but there is batching capabilities that makes it worth it.

I can't wait until I can get some real training so I can stop asking these stupid questions. :-)

Brandon
Has anyone out there tackled something to help stream line labor and quantity reporting? The MES screens work fine for jobs with large quantities or operations with large cycle times, but many fab operations running small batches creates a lot of wasted time clicking in and out of jobs. It's causing us a lot of headache as we are starting this process.

Is it possible to make a dashboard where you enter your employee info and resource/operation info once, then enter a job number. At that point a screen would populate all of the parts on that job with that operation. On the row it would have the part number, the qty required and a start button. After an employee clicks start it would pop up with a window that says you are clocked into this job, this is the quantity required, and this is what has been done so far. In that window would have a field for quantity complete. In that same window, an end button would clock him out of that operation and complete the quantity that he had typed in. See my rudimentary screen example below.

employee _5454____

Job   12345

oper seq ID :brake

P/N  

_______________________  qty req   qty complete   order complete

12345-1-1    START                  2             2                       x

12345-1-1    START                  10           5                              

etc.

This would allow him to type in his info once, then he could clock into, report, and clock out, with two clicks and typing in one number.

Is this possible? Has anyone done something like this? We are on E-10.0

Brandon

I am in 9, but am going to do this in 10. I have a bpm that sets operations to backflush and accumulates all of labor onto the final operation for small jobs. The operator then only has one operation to report against.

Greg

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 4:55 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] streamlined reporting?

Has anyone out there tackled something to help stream line labor and quantity reporting? The MES screens work fine for jobs with large quantities or operations with large cycle times, but many fab operations running small batches creates a lot of wasted time clicking in and out of jobs. It's causing us a lot of headache as we are starting this process.

Is it possible to make a dashboard where you enter your employee info and resource/operation info once, then enter a job number. At that point a screen would populate all of the parts on that job with that operation. On the row it would have the part number, the qty required and a start button. After an employee clicks start it would pop up with a window that says you are clocked into this job, this is the quantity required, and this is what has been done so far. In that window would have a field for quantity complete. In that same window, an end button would clock him out of that operation and complete the quantity that he had typed in. See my rudimentary screen example below.

employee _5454____

Job   12345

oper seq ID :brake

P/N  

_______________________  qty req   qty complete   order complete

12345-1-1    START                  2             2                       x

12345-1-1    START                  10           5                              

etc.

This would allow him to type in his info once, then he could clock into, report, and clock out, with two clicks and typing in one number.

Is this possible? Has anyone done something like this? We are on E-10.0

Brandon

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6240 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
We are still trying to get the information by part, and are going the opposite way that you are. We used to have people just clock in to the top level job (we have large jobs, with lots of different parts, but not high quantities of the same part) and all of the time got aggregated to the overall job. Now were are trying to gather more data at a more granular level to get a better idea of where we can find problems to fix. The issue that we are having, (which is fairly typical) is that it is a lot of work to get that detailed information and I want to still be able to get that information without so many mouse clicks.

With your labor aggregation are you using the standard time? Or actual production time?  We don't have any standards yet, (Hence the reason we want to get some more granular data) so there is nothing to backflush.

Are you going to report quantities of parts as they are being made? We are trying to get a better real time look at our process and so the more live data we can get the better so we do want operations reported as they are completed.

I would like to add automation to the process to try to make getting the data easier, without sacrificing the accuracy and granularity of the data.