Suppress or Ignore Audit/Changes box for updatable dashboard

So here’s the story.

I have created an updateable dashboard that shows job information. I make the field SchedLocked updateable. When ever I do an update to that field, no errors show up, but that change is not made.

This is because of the change/audit box that pops up when you make a change to a job.

I cannot disable this function, because we need it. So I needed to find a way for the updateable dashboard to populate this audit box.

So i created a pre-possessing BPM to auto populate the ChangeDescription field whenever the SchedLocked is changed. It works!!

BUT, the audit box still pops up prompting for data, therefore its still interfering with my updatable dashboard.

And so this is where I am stuck. How do I suppress this prompt from the dashboard?

In Job Entry when the audit box pops up, it allows me to close out the box without entering anything and the job record still gets saved.

Any Ideas??

In Company Configuration > Modules > Production, there is a section called Change Engineered Jobs. The two check boxes in there do just what they say.

This might be a bad idea, but you could (in theory) temporarily disable “Create Audit Log”, then use your BPM to create the audit record and save it. Make sure to turn the audit log back on right after you save the audit record. This should make that box not pop-up automatically. I haven’t tested it myself, but it might be worth a shot!

Consider if you have engineers making job changes, then turning this flag off, even temporarily, might result in them not being prompted for an audit log when they really should be submitting one.
Good luck!
Nate