Suppressing Country on Invoices if United States

You could create a formula in Crystal that gets rid of the "United States" in the bill to address. Here is a sample in Basic syntax (caution, air code):

Formula = replace({INVCHEAD.Calc_BillToAddressList},"~",chrw(10))
Formula = replace(formula,"United States" & chrw(10),"")

Thom Rose
Controller
Electric Mirror LLC
HOTEL LUXURY

"The World Leader in Back-lit Mirrors & Mirror TV Technology"

T 425 776-4946
A 11831 Beverly Park Rd, Bldg D, Everett, WA 98204 USA
www.electricmirror.com<http://www.electricmirror.com>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Andrew
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 8:23 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Suppressing Country on Invoices if United States

I was recently asked to suppress the country if it is: United States. It seams the (US) post office has a problem reading the zipcode if it is not on the last line of the mailing address.

I know how to suppress it if the country code was a separate field on the invoice form. However, Epicor has the Bill to address list, which groups everything together, then splits it out on the invoice form, by line number. The problem is the country does not always get pulled to the same "billto" line, typically it is on line, 4, however if there is more than 1 address line then the country gets bumped to billto line 5 or higher.

Is there some code or instructions I can place in each billto address line that says if the text in this line = "United States" then suppress the line?

I hope I "splained" it well enough..

Thanks

Andy

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I was recently asked to suppress the country if it is: United States. It seams the (US) post office has a problem reading the zipcode if it is not on the last line of the mailing address.

I know how to suppress it if the country code was a separate field on the invoice form. However, Epicor has the Bill to address list, which groups everything together, then splits it out on the invoice form, by line number. The problem is the country does not always get pulled to the same "billto" line, typically it is on line, 4, however if there is more than 1 address line then the country gets bumped to billto line 5 or higher.

Is there some code or instructions I can place in each billto address line that says if the text in this line = "United States" then suppress the line?

I hope I "splained" it well enough..

Thanks

Andy