Task / Task Set / Task List

Jeff/Robert/Mark

Do you have have some documentation regarding this issue? I tried setting up tasks sets and workflows but it didnt work for me. I only want to add a simple task to remind customer service that they need to recheck the status of old lead/quotes. I have been working on this for several days and no results yet... I just cant get it to work.

Thanks,

Lissette

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jplehr" <jlehr@...> wrote:
>
> Vantage 8.03.408A
>
> I am looking to conference with anyone who is using Task, Task Set and Task List and also has a good understanding of them.
>
> I have started working with the Quote module and stumbled with Task. I am now looking at CRM and Help Desk and stumbling again with Task. I feel like I keep going in circles.
>
> If anyone would be willing to take a few minutes to conference with me and one of my power users I would greatly appreciate the time.
>
> Please contact me off list at jlehr@...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>
Vantage 8.03.408A

I am looking to conference with anyone who is using Task, Task Set and Task List and also has a good understanding of them.

I have started working with the Quote module and stumbled with Task. I am now looking at CRM and Help Desk and stumbling again with Task. I feel like I keep going in circles.

If anyone would be willing to take a few minutes to conference with me and one of my power users I would greatly appreciate the time.

Please contact me off list at jlehr@...

Thanks,

Jeff
Yes, it is an exercise in frustration....call me,
860-430-3461....Bob Carlson, Flanagan Industries.

At 03:39 PM 3/26/2010, you wrote:
>
>
>Vantage 8.03.408A
>
>I am looking to conference with anyone who is
>using Task, Task Set and Task List and also has a good understanding of them.
>
>I have started working with the Quote module and
>stumbled with Task. I am now looking at CRM and
>Help Desk and stumbling again with Task. I feel like I keep going in circles.
>
>If anyone would be willing to take a few minutes
>to conference with me and one of my power users
>I would greatly appreciate the time.
>
>Please contact me off list at <mailto:jlehr%40astromfg.com>jlehr@...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Jeff writes:

>I am looking to conference with anyone who is
>using Task, Task Set and Task List and also has a good understanding of them.
>
>I have started working with the Quote module and
>stumbled with Task. I am now looking at CRM and
>Help Desk and stumbling again with Task. I feel like I keep going in circles.
>
>If anyone would be willing to take a few minutes
>to conference with me and one of my power users
>I would greatly appreciate the time.

Yeah, Tasks are not the most intuitive thing in the world and the implementation is awkward but I'm actually a fan of the idea.

IMHO, a publicly viewable to-do list is FAR better than sending emails. Having the entire Quote/ECO/Case process documented and time-stamped is far more difficult to reconstruct via email. Also, if email recipients are out-of-town or not responding, there's no way to know until it's too late.

The trick with Task Sets in Vantage/Epicor is in setting up the Work Force and the Authorized users behind them.

I think Work Flow is going to become a more important feature in ERP systems. I wish Epicor made this feature a module of its own instead of just for CRM, Engineering and Case Management.

Mark W.