Test Environment Vs Live Environment Vs Database

It's all about documenting the process and the steps you need to do from start to finish.

You will repeat the process multiple times prior to your go live.

Data Scrubbing is usually done ahead of time in your existing environment, although some people do it post upgrade with the DMT Tool.

In terms of reports, those can be fixed on your new server, and they will remain there when you bring over the new DB.

Customizations etc, those are what the solution manager is good for to export them from the test DB and then import them post upgrade over your go-live weekend.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM, larry.jedik@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I'm trying to get a plan together and need to understand what others have done in this scenario. I just completed setting up a Test Environment for our 8.03.408b installation. I've copied the database over last night and now have a 1:1 mirrored environment of our Live environment that I can now begin the upgrade process on.Â

What I want to understand is how others dealt, or are dealing with the data once you've upgraded to Version 10? There is a time frame between all the conversion and upgrading to 9.05, not to mention the hardware I need to get there. Epicor is saying that when we are ready to go Live, we need to repeat the entire process again? But what about the data scrubbing and reports?Â

My thinking has always been that once I got the Test environment to V10, there, I would do the data scrubbing and make sure the reports are working. And how do I get the data up to date from the day I started the upgrade?

Any help in others experiences would be of great value.

Larry Jedik

Currier Plastics Inc.

I'm trying to get a plan together and need to understand what others have done in this scenario. I just completed setting up a Test Environment for our 8.03.408b installation. I've copied the database over last night and now have a 1:1 mirrored environment of our Live environment that I can now begin the upgrade process on. 

What I want to understand is how others dealt, or are dealing with the data once you've upgraded to Version 10? There is a time frame between all the conversion and upgrading to 9.05, not to mention the hardware I need to get there. Epicor is saying that when we are ready to go Live, we need to repeat the entire process again? But what about the data scrubbing and reports? 

My thinking has always been that once I got the Test environment to V10, there, I would do the data scrubbing and make sure the reports are working. And how do I get the data up to date from the day I started the upgrade?

Any help in others experiences would be of great value.

Larry Jedik

Currier Plastics Inc.