This gave me flashbacks to when I was first learning Epicor and spent a great amount of time on hold with support

Did any of you catch this commercial? I thought it was pretty funny. I am one to headbang and rock out to the hold music with pent up energy and frustration creating a sick feeling of joy.

YEEESSSSS!!! I caught it too!! Confession time, I used to really enjoy that hold music. It has a good beat and isn’t some boring elevator music.

1 Like

There’s a pretty interesting (albeit a bit nerdy) podcast about

1 Like

Whoa. Did not care for that, lol.
Calling in for support was the worst.

1 Like

Honestly was so caught off guard by this commercial - I was so confused by the fact that THAT sound could not possibly be the music for it - and when realization dawned I actually shuddered - I’m sure of it.

Definitely the sound of nightmares…

2 Likes

I had the same exact reaction lol

1 Like

LOL, I totally would have missed this is @utaylor had not posted. It did bring back fond memories of that on speaker for as long as it took. I guess that is the price I pay for watching TV without commercials.

1 Like

Back in the 1980’s Western Digital had a DJ on their support hold line. He’d update callers with where they were in the queue, approximate hold times, etc.

They eventually developed a “support by fax” system. You would call the automated system and enter the model number of your hard drive, and then your fax number. It would then fax the “datasheet” with jumper settings, connector pinouts (drawn with ASCII characters), specs, etc… to your fax machine.

This is how we lived in the days before the World Wide Web.

I also downloaded a 50 MB file of drivers from National Instruments BBS over dial-up.

1 Like

Ouch.

What baud rate?

That was an excellent commercial!

1 Like

and WordPerfect printer drivers. They had new ones every week.

The modem said “33.6” so probably more like 9600 to 19.2K. Took several hours over night, and luckily a toll free 1-800 phone number!

I remember saving my time in a time bank on a bbs so I could download the first Doom.

2.39 MB, I can’t imagine 50.

1 Like

Yes, and everyone was looking at me weird when I went from, “Is that?.. OMG it is!!!.. Make it stop!” as I dove for the mute button.

That commercial needed a trigger warning for real

2 Likes

:rofl: