Tiny Edit to PartMtl

Hi folks!

I want to change the value of a minor field in the PartMtl table via the REST API or BPM or Function …

Do I need to literally call Erp.BO.EngWorkBenchSvc to check out the PartMtl line for every single parent part I want to update? It seems like doing a raw SQL update would be fine in this case so similarly making a value change w/o checking it out/in seems like it would be okay.

I’m doing this across 1,000+ parts.

Thoughts?

RawSQL Update… NO go, I would suggest using a Function and calling the BOs or a little better using Db.XXX in a Function to update the value.

Yeah, no SQL because we’re Cloud. The root of my question is if I have to wrap such a simple field edit in a EngWorkbench action just to make the change.

Short Answer , you should
Longer Answer it depends if that field affects calculations etc… if its just an informational field then doing a DB.XX .Save() using a function should be fine. What field is it?

Which is how DMT does it BTW… If it is a simple field update.

The Scrap value

Scrap value increases your QtyPer / requirements? I think… so I would not just Db Update it. Let epicor do its magic… that way if it breaks it isn’t on you.

1 Like

Yeah, ok. Thanks. Just seems daunting to loop through 1000+ parts checking out, edit the field, checking in … over and over would take years to complete.

If it is what is, then so be it.

1 Like

So you don’t have DMT then?

@Mark_Wonsil … logical question. :slight_smile: Yes, we have DMT, but the user wants a GUI with a simple way to run the update on demand for any specified part material whereby they enter the material and the new value and we apply the update across all parts where that material exists.