Transfer reports

Yes. You will have to re-write RB reports in some other tool. Most will be Crystal. Some cases dashboards and queries will suffice. CorVu is an options too. Even ODBC linking from Access.

Progress Software discontinued RB for version 10. There is no more RB for vantage 8.x. There have been discussions and presentations at perspectives on techniques and strategies for more easily re-writing RB reports in Crystal. Converting several a day seems to be possible. With over 500 RB reports this is a big reason our migration will take awhile. Some are extremely complicated reports so the effort will not be trivial. I figure about 2/3 will be queries and the rest Crystal. I might even be able to dump some that are on menus but not actually being run. Convert only if someone notices.

-Todd C.

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:22 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] transfer reports

Hello,
I have a question about transfer custom reports from version 6.1 to version 8.03. Now we have created reports in report builder version 6.1.How we can transfer reports to version 8.03.We have to rewrite these reports in crystal reports ? Maybe we can copy these reports to new version? Is possible, or new version of vantage doesn't support reports created in report builder 6.1 ?

Thx for help

Jack

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Please be aware that any use, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If you think you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender.

For more information please visit www.harveyvogel.com

Hello,
I have a question about transfer custom reports from version 6.1 to version 8.03. Now we have created reports in report builder version 6.1.How we can transfer reports to version 8.03.We have to rewrite these reports in crystal reports ? Maybe we can copy these reports to new version? Is possible, or new version of vantage doesn't support reports created in report builder 6.1 ?

Thx for help

Jack