Troubles Using BAQDataView

It’s probably not required, just depends on what your goal is. That wasn’t apparent in your original posting. Since it sounds like you’re really bringing back static data for reference from unrelated sources, what about just embedding a dashboard with it set to auto populate?

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
D&S Manufacturing
301 E. Main St. | PO Box 279
Black River Falls, WI 54615
715-284-5376 Ext. 311
Mobile: 715-896-3119
rbucek@...
www.dsmfg.com<http://www.dsmfg.com>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2015 3:34 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Troubles Using BAQDataView

Thanks for the example. What I see that's different than what I am doing is that you're subscribing to publisher. Is that required for this to work?

My BAQ returns a list of standard notes that we defined as a User Code Type. I want to allow the user to select some of the notes and add them to Quote Header Comments. So, there's really no publish/subscribe scenario here, unless I do it on Company. In which case, I probably need Company in my BAQ.

Thanks,
Bob Beaghan

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Using 9.05.702a:

I'm trying to implement a BAQDataView as was implemented in the Insights Extended Education class "Customization to the Max".  That workshop used similar code to what I could find here.  The class, though, called the following in a button click event to load data into the BAQDataView:

baqDataView.OnSearch("", "");

I get the following compiler error:

Error: CS0122 - line 188 (937) - 'Epicor.Mfg.UI.FrameWork.BAQDataView.OnSearch(string, string)' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Using .NET Reflector, I confirmed that this method is 'protected internal.'

Is this method only available in E10?  If so, how do I get the BAQDataView to load data in E9?

Thanks,
Bob Beaghan

Bob,

BAQ views work great in 9, though I would tie them to something more useful such as a form event than an oject event such as a button click.

Here is an example I did in job manager where I wanted to bring in planning parameters from the partplant table that I wrote in the form of a baq.

public class Script

BAQDataView baqView;
BAQDataView contbaqView;

my sub baq creation sub

void createBaqView()
{
// create the baq view and add it to the transaction
baqView = new BAQDataView("DSM97012-PartPlantInfo");
oTrans.Add("MyBAQView", baqView);

// publish the part number from JMPartSum
string pubBinding = "JMPartSum.PartNum";
IPublisher pub = oTrans.GetPublisher(pubBinding);
if (pub == null)
{
oTrans.PublishColumnChange(pubBinding, "Rob'sCustomPub");
pub = oTrans.GetPublisher(pubBinding);
}

// subscribe the BAQ view
if (pub != null)
baqView.SubscribeToPublisher(pub.PublishName, "PartPlant.PartNum");

// bind the grid
Part_Plant_Info.EpiBinding = "MyBAQView";
Part_Plant_Info.EpiTransaction = oTrans;
}

Form load event
private void JobManagerForm_Load(object sender, EventArgs args)
{
createBaqView();
}

The magic is at the end of the createbaqview sub where (Part_Plant_Info) is the name of the unbound epigrid and the last two lines do the binding for the grid. You will actually see this on the properties page as well, but don’t set anything in there, let the code do the work for you.

So essentially you call that sub under any event object or form… but it does work in 9 (as well as 10) just fine…

Rob Bucek
D&S Manufacturing
715-284-5376 Ext. 311
rbucek@...

Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:45 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Troubles Using BAQDataView

Using 9.05.702a:

I'm trying to implement a BAQDataView as was implemented in the Insights Extended Education class "Customization to the Max". That workshop used similar code to what I could find here. The class, though, called the following in a button click event to load data into the BAQDataView:

Error: CS0122 - line 188 (937) - 'Epicor.Mfg.UI.FrameWork.BAQDataView.OnSearch(string, string)' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Using .NET Reflector, I confirmed that this method is 'protected internal.'

Is this method only available in E10? If so, how do I get the BAQDataView to load data in E9?

Thanks,
Bob Beaghan

I also included system.reflection in the usings statements

Rob Bucek
D&S Manufacturing
715-284-5376 Ext. 311
rbucek@...

Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:45 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Troubles Using BAQDataView

Using 9.05.702a:

I'm trying to implement a BAQDataView as was implemented in the Insights Extended Education class "Customization to the Max". That workshop used similar code to what I could find here. The class, though, called the following in a button click event to load data into the BAQDataView:

Using .NET Reflector, I confirmed that this method is 'protected internal.'

Is this method only available in E10? If so, how do I get the BAQDataView to load data in E9?

Thanks,
Bob Beaghan

Thanks for the example.  What I see that's different than what I am doing is that you're subscribing to publisher.  Is that required for this to work?

My BAQ returns a list of standard notes that we defined as a User Code Type.  I want to allow the user to select some of the notes and add them to Quote Header Comments.  So, there's really no publish/subscribe scenario here, unless I do it on Company.  In which case, I probably need Company in my BAQ.

Thanks,
Bob Beaghan