UD Table Used In BAQ Results in Phrase Builder Error

Thanks for your input on this, but I actually did bang on it and was able to get it to work.

The existing BAQ that I was adding UD06 to had a summarized table in it. Based on past experiences I have seen BAQ's go way off the deep end when I have used summarized tables. In the past what I have done to stabilize any BAQ with a summarized table is to always make certain that the summarized table is the LAST table defined. Sooooo......what I did was to:

1. delete the calculated fields from the summarized table
2. uncheck the summarized check box
3. remove the summarized table
4. add UD06 and link it on KEY1 only
5. add back the summarized table and associated calculated fields

I can't explain why this works but I have had a number of cases similar to this one where as a last ditch effort I have put the summarized tables in last and it works.
The BAQ generation tool is such a cool little utility. It is too bad that it has so many unpredictable hooks in it and isn't being updated by EPICOR.

Dale Walker
Director, Information Technology
Le Sueur Incorporated
1409 Vine Street
Le Sueur, MN 56058
ph.507.665.6204 x277
fx .507.665.8466

www.lesueurinc.com<http://www.lesueurinc.com>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I have a value in Part.ShortChar01 that I want to use as a key to retrieve a record from UD06. The UD06 table only has two fields; the key value, and a description value.

I have an existing BAQ that has been in production for some time and when I simply add the UD06 table to the selected table list I get a Phrase Builder Error that says "Unhandled exception hs occurred in your aplication. There is no row at position-1" and I have a continue or quit option.

Have any of you come across this previously?

TIA.
Dale.
I pretty sure you have to map all 5 key fields in your BAQ, even if you aren't using them. When I say map, I mean specify links in your Table/Field Relations screen of the Phrase Builder. Just map the unused fields in your UD table to unused fields in your Part table.

Sent: Fri, March 5, 2010 9:57:16 AM
Subject: [Vantage] UD Table Used In BAQ Results in Phrase Builder Error

Â
I have a value in Part.ShortChar01 that I want to use as a key to retrieve a record from UD06. The UD06 table only has two fields; the key value, and a description value.

I have an existing BAQ that has been in production for some time and when I simply add the UD06 table to the selected table list I get a Phrase Builder Error that says "Unhandled exception hs occurred in your aplication. There is no row at position-1" and I have a continue or quit option.

TIA.
Dale.

I had a similar issue and logged a case with Epicor. The basis of the resolution is that the table connections do not always work properly for SQL. First, you need to have links be characters (since keys in UD tables are characters). If the link still does not work, you need to “trick” the BAQ to execute it as a progress statement. This can be done by using the “first” or “last” function in the table relations. This function can be used in ANY of the table relations (it does not need to be in the UD relation). I currently have a working BAQ linking to UD02 and we are on version 8.03.407b SQL.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Steven Gotschall
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 9:15 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] UD Table Used In BAQ Results in Phrase Builder Error

I pretty sure you have to map all 5 key fields in your BAQ, even if you aren't using them. When I say map, I mean specify links in your Table/Field Relations screen of the Phrase Builder. Just map the unused fields in your UD table to unused fields in your Part table.

Sent: Fri, March 5, 2010 9:57:16 AM
Subject: [Vantage] UD Table Used In BAQ Results in Phrase Builder Error

TIA.
Dale.