Unapprove Time & Expense Transaction

Update:

In Time and Expense Entry, under time/daily time/detail/list for a particular employee and date, you'll see a list of the time and expense entries for each operation transacted on a job. In our case, they are approved as we transact them.

If we need to change or reverse the transactions on a job, we click on a row (a completed operation of an open job), and the Recall button at the bottom is activated for that row. When the item is recalled it goes from Approved to Entered. At that point we can change the labor quantity numbers. Taking them to zero reverses the transaction and leaves the operation uncompleted.

At least that's our initial experience. Comments/warnings cheerfully accepted.

Thanks,

Joe Trent

Hi,

We are processing time and expense entries for jobs via DMT. We report quantity only for limited items via MES.

So we made a mistake on a job (used wrong part number) and need to uncomplete the operations on that job. But when I try to undo the transactions via DMT or in Time & Expense Entry, I get "Invalid to modify a transaction that has been Submitted for Approval."

I don't seem to have the Time & Expense module installed. The Time & Expense Entry from Job Management has the fields all greyed out on the Daily Time Detail sheet.

How do I go about unapproving the entries?

Thanks,

Joe

--

Joe D. Trent

Bigham Ag Equipment

E10, btw.
>>How do I go about unapproving the entries
Have you tries Epicor tech?
They provided an updateable dashboard for editing labordtl records.

Not exactly like what you describe but it sounds related
I routinely use the dashboard to clean labordtl status.
In my case, can't close jobs until all labordtl records status = "A" (Approved).

We use an updateable BAQ

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:53 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Unapprove Time & Expense Transaction

E10, btw.

Will check, thanks!

Joe
Brenda,

Was that Epicor Support supplied.

Thanks,

Joe
>>Epicor Supplied Updateable BAQ
You can check the files section here too

Files --> BAQ --> LaborUpdate.baq

Maybe try it in a test system first but...
It should work for you, just adjust the criteria first

Nope, but we’ve been using it for 4 yrs (9&10) w/ no “known” side effects. We just use it to change the status on rare occasions.

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:57 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: Unapprove Time & Expense Transaction

Brenda,

Was that Epicor Support supplied.

Thanks,

Joe