Unclosing a project 9.05.701

We ran into the same issue. I started playing around (in test) with writing a BPM to check a security group before allowing to proceed but I couldn't trap the process. I got caught up on other things and haven't circled back around to this. Please post if you come up with something and I will do the same.

Also - thanks for putting the SCR number out there. I'll be sure to open a call to associate with it. I'm hanging on to hopes the more people attached to the SCR the better the chances it gets scheduled!

Jenn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "s1mhall" <s1mhall@...> wrote:
>
> Came across a good one today and just in case you would assume the obvious like we did.
>
> You cannot reverse closing a project. Confirmed this with Epicor Support there is an SCR for this 99966. Even a bit more concerning when you go and close the project the system just does it, no warning or anything. I also believe it allows you to close the project with unbilled time (I am yet to confirm that) will update.
>
> Two things. I am considering writing a BPM to at least alert the users to this fact and has anyone stumbled across this pearl before?
>
> Cheers
> Simon
>
Came across a good one today and just in case you would assume the obvious like we did.

You cannot reverse closing a project. Confirmed this with Epicor Support there is an SCR for this 99966. Even a bit more concerning when you go and close the project the system just does it, no warning or anything. I also believe it allows you to close the project with unbilled time (I am yet to confirm that) will update.

Two things. I am considering writing a BPM to at least alert the users to this fact and has anyone stumbled across this pearl before?

Cheers
Simon
Hi Simone,

As much as I hate the dreaded project closing, we were actually told this at installation that once a job or project is closed, it's closed. There is no going back. Really too bad that you had to learn this the hard way. You'd think this would be an important tidbit for your install or upgrade group to tell you.

Good Luck

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "s1mhall" <s1mhall@...> wrote:
>
> Came across a good one today and just in case you would assume the obvious like we did.
>
> You cannot reverse closing a project. Confirmed this with Epicor Support there is an SCR for this 99966. Even a bit more concerning when you go and close the project the system just does it, no warning or anything. I also believe it allows you to close the project with unbilled time (I am yet to confirm that) will update.
>
> Two things. I am considering writing a BPM to at least alert the users to this fact and has anyone stumbled across this pearl before?
>
> Cheers
> Simon
>