Updating Operation Stds - 8.03.409a

Thanks - will look into Pervasive and have requested a quote from Epicor for DMT. Is it possible to use Access/ODBC for something like this because of checking parts in/out for updating BOM information?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "cooner_55421" <cooner_55421@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Tracy,
>
> I don't think there is any mass update built into the interface.
>
> I've updated the operation standards directly in 8.03.409.xx
> This will depend on your tools and how comfortable you are writing to tables.
>
> Do you have something like Pervasive or the DMT?
> Those would probably be the best but in a pinch I've used MSAccess update queries & ODBC too.
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "tracy.tmat" <tracy.smith@> wrote:
> >
> > We currently use Op Stds for many of our parts. We have reviewed some of our manufacturing processes and want to update the information in the standard but I know this doesn't pull through to any revisions that already exist... is there a quick way to update all exisiting revisions? (Mass Replace Operation doesn't work because you can't replace with the same operation). tia
> >
>
We currently use Op Stds for many of our parts. We have reviewed some of our manufacturing processes and want to update the information in the standard but I know this doesn't pull through to any revisions that already exist... is there a quick way to update all exisiting revisions? (Mass Replace Operation doesn't work because you can't replace with the same operation). tia
Hi Tracy,

I don't think there is any mass update built into the interface.

I've updated the operation standards directly in 8.03.409.xx
This will depend on your tools and how comfortable you are writing to tables.

Do you have something like Pervasive or the DMT?
Those would probably be the best but in a pinch I've used MSAccess update queries & ODBC too.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "tracy.tmat" <tracy.smith@...> wrote:
>
> We currently use Op Stds for many of our parts. We have reviewed some of our manufacturing processes and want to update the information in the standard but I know this doesn't pull through to any revisions that already exist... is there a quick way to update all exisiting revisions? (Mass Replace Operation doesn't work because you can't replace with the same operation). tia
>