Upgrade to 500 - REST Broken

We upgraded a Pilot environment (A copy of production) to 10.2.500 from 10.2.300 today. While everything has gone fairly expected so far, the REST API is not work.

ourdomain/Pilot/api/help/
Attempting to visit the help URL for the API triggers this error:

## *Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.OData, Version=5.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)*

Running the exact same URL with our Production environment instead of Pilot works. Any ideas?

Epicor KB0071749 shows that our .webconfig is running the wrong version of .Net

<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" />
</startup>

Should equal... (note the .NETFramework version)

<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2" />
</startup>

Redeploying the Application Server, which is the recommendation, does not work. It still stays at v4.0

I would remove the application completely and deploy as a new app. Remove from EAC, remove the IIS site and app pool, and remove the actual directory. Then deploy a new app.

Should go without saying but… make sure you have a dB backup. And a backup of any custom DLLs you may have.

I agree. I am getting weird errors when trying to install EDD as well. Doesn’t think I have token authentication setup but I do.

ERROR: Failed to fetch token - (Epicor.BI.DataDiscovery.Exceptions.ApiException): Token authentication may not be enabled on the Epicor server, Refer to Epicor Administration Console.

Sounds like something went wrong during the upgrade. I would definitely clear out the existing apps and just create new apps.

Several others here have had issues doing in-place upgrades to 10.2.500. The best way to upgrade is to just deploy new apps. Some have done the upgrade without issues. But more with issues doing the in-place than not.

After a brand new application server install my REST API is back and EDD didn’t totally fail the install. I am still having problems loading EDD but at least I’m further ahead now. Thanks!

There is a known EDD issue in 10.2.500. There is post here with the fix I think. I’ll try to find. I was just reading something about EDD here I stumbled onto.