Upgraded from 10.2.300.17 to 11.1.100.12 yesterday...(pseudo-rant)

Oh, definitely - but [version_old] to [version_new] would be a pretty clear démarcation, especially if it was regulars only.

Nothing against the lurkers or anything, we don’t all have employers that encourage transparency. But the help available here is incredibly valuable, and giving it this kind of focus might be great

and, mea culpa, despite being a loudly. clamouring demander of same I only posted there once…

1 Like

We could do subcategories me thinks but maybe we should generalize it to “major “ jumps only

Service Packs and Major Releases Only?

10.2.500.X → 2021.2

Instead of minor patch specific things

Btw we are doing a go live from the above this weekend!! :grimacing:

We just did our “pilot” this week found a few things we missed

yeah, something like that. Not just patches, where E promises no schéma changes.

But 10.2.100 to 10.2.700 was an enormous challenge, with major changes to what could be done in UI, BPMs, RDDs, RDLs, and externals. It’s no credit to me to claim this - but having my notes here and searchable would be very useful, I’d be willing to bet.

@josecgomez may the force be with you.

@josecgomez Shall we just make a category called exactly that?

(and good luck this weekend too!)

All right I created 2 subcategories one under E10 one under Kinetic.

The topics are WIKIs by default (which means you can edit / expand on them)

I setup a template for each topic (we can tweak that if need there be), make the titles of the posts there just Version1 → Version2 for easier searching and make sure we tag the version numbers on the topic.
I’ve created tags for all versions of 10.1+ and Kinetic

Let’s see where this goes… (hoping its more used than github :neutral_face:)

3 Likes

Excellent! Thanks!

(Now for all of us to start compiling and editing our upgrade docs into a language other than our own shorthand)

1 Like

Thanks, very cool. But if I’m going from E10 to Kinetic which one do I use :astonished:

The one in Kinetic I explained that in the category info but I guess you can’t see that which is dumb. There I clarified.

or maybe I didn’t even look and just jumped at a chance to make a Tintin reference, which is also dumb. Oh well.