Using Calculated field in Filter for Dashboard

I wish I could do that with bpm! We don't have the license to update the db through bpm. After lunch I came back to it and tried it again. To my surprise it let me select the calculated field when creating the filter. Problem solved!

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@...> wrote:
>
> One way to handle this is to create a BPM to store the calculated value in a UD field. Then you can use the UD field in the BAQ and filter the dashboard with it.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: drew.pete <drew.pete@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 11:49:15 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] Using Calculated field in Filter for Dashboard
>
> ÂÂ
> So I'm using a resourceID table to filter results on a separate grid. I publish the resourceID which happens to be the same value for the resourcegroupID and the resourceID of the other grid I'm looking to filter. The problem is I can't use an OR clause for the filter and sometimes a resource group is blank and other times the resource is blank for the grid I'm trying to filter. To get around that I created a calculated field in the baq to say "if the resourcegrpID is blank, populate this calculated field with resourcegrpID, else populate this calculate field with the resourceID. That way I get the value I'm looking for in every row of the grid. I want to use that calculated field on my filter but it will only let me select fields to filter by. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drew
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
So I'm using a resourceID table to filter results on a separate grid. I publish the resourceID which happens to be the same value for the resourcegroupID and the resourceID of the other grid I'm looking to filter. The problem is I can't use an OR clause for the filter and sometimes a resource group is blank and other times the resource is blank for the grid I'm trying to filter. To get around that I created a calculated field in the baq to say "if the resourcegrpID is blank, populate this calculated field with resourcegrpID, else populate this calculate field with the resourceID. That way I get the value I'm looking for in every row of the grid. I want to use that calculated field on my filter but it will only let me select fields to filter by. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Drew
Hello.

Are you trying to set a filter (for your newly calculated field) at the BAQ or the DASHBOARD level? If at the Dashboard level, where? The "Tracker View" and the "Grid" Properties in a Dashboard allow you to filter on a Calculated field.

Regards.

Roel Martinez
ERP Analyst

SABRE TUBULAR STRUCTURES (tm)
www.sabretubularstructures.com<http://www.sabretubularstructures.com/>
8653 E. Hwy 67 | Alvarado, TX 76009
Phone: 817-852-1700 ext. 11858 | Direct Line: 817-852-1858 |Fax: 817-852-1705

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of drew.pete
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:49 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Using Calculated field in Filter for Dashboard

So I'm using a resourceID table to filter results on a separate grid. I publish the resourceID which happens to be the same value for the resourcegroupID and the resourceID of the other grid I'm looking to filter. The problem is I can't use an OR clause for the filter and sometimes a resource group is blank and other times the resource is blank for the grid I'm trying to filter. To get around that I created a calculated field in the baq to say "if the resourcegrpID is blank, populate this calculated field with resourcegrpID, else populate this calculate field with the resourceID. That way I get the value I'm looking for in every row of the grid. I want to use that calculated field on my filter but it will only let me select fields to filter by. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Drew

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
If you ONLY have either a RsrcGrp OR Rsrc returned (you didn't say what tables you're querying) - do a text formula to concatenate the 2 (then you can do whatever else you're trying to do).

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Thu 5/20/10 11:49 am
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Using Calculated field in Filter for Dashboard

Thanks,

Drew
One way to handle this is to create a BPM to store the calculated value in a UD field. Then you can use the UD field in the BAQ and filter the dashboard with it.

Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 11:49:15 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Using Calculated field in Filter for Dashboard

Â

Thanks,

Drew

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]