Using Jobs for Servicing

Hi BT,

> Does anyone have any experience using Jobs as a servicing function within Vantage?

Yes.

> The problem is not every engine needs the same parts when being serviced and the parts
> needed to service the engines is not known until the it is disassembled.

We use the RMA process and the Quotation Module for service work. We do not have the Service Module.

We created a part that has a cost of zero and called it Repair. We open an RMA with this part number (but a meaningful description) to track the unit coming in. When the unit comes in, we receive it to inspection. We breakdown the unit to determine what parts/operations will be required for the repair. We then open a Quote and add the parts and operations that will be needed. In our case, we created some assemblies like seal kits and commonly replaced items and do a Get Details to explode them onto the Quote line. We also add individual parts as needed. We calculate our cost and mark it up. We then ask the customer if they want to fix the unit or buy a new one. If they want it fixed, we convert the Quote to an order. We create a job and link it to the order. We use Get Details to pull the MOM from the Quote line. (Remember to check the Template box on your Quote line!) We dispose the received unit to the job at zero cost. (If they don't want the unit
back, we just dispose it to scrap.) With the job linked, you now have the expected costs and your revenue all set to go.

HTH,

Mark W.
Does anyone have any experience using Jobs as a servicing function within Vantage?

Our business process is mainly servicing and some production. Say 90% servicing and 10% new production.

As an example, I would like to use Jobs to service car engines. What would be the best way to use a complete controlled BOM in a Job without creating demand in the system (i.e. PO Suggestions).

Our inventory is controlled via Min Max & Reorder to Max settings in the part master. I would like to create a Job with the entire engine BOM allowing technicians to request the parts they need within the MES but keep the system from seeing the material requirements.

The problem is not every engine needs the same parts when being serviced and the parts needed to service the engines is not known until the it is disassembled.

EPICOR support suggested not using a demand link in the Job which works but I can not tie to a sales order. Thus not being able to report cost of sales and gained revenue to specific sales.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.