Vantage 6.1 - Plant Floor Login

Barcodes are fast. We don't use them for login but you could. We use barcodes for job-asm-oper. The formula for that barcode is as follows:

"*" + Trim({OPENJOBS_VIEW.JobNum}) + "$I" + trim(totext({JobAsmbl.AssemblySeq},0)) + "$I" + trim(totext({JobOper.OprSeq},0)) + "$I" + "*"

I have a custom view setup based on the Job Header where jobclosed = false to limit the list to open jobs. But you can substitute the JobHead table instead. And if you don't really need the job part number or description, you can just use the JobAsmbl.JobNum instead.

I have a custom Crystal report by job that prints out all the assemblies and operations barcodes. Supervisors print these and put them in a book by the login stations.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "freeman.aviation" <chadjensen@...> wrote:
>
> I am looking for a quicker way for our users to log into our system; like using some kind of card swiping device or bar code scanner. I know we used to have bar code scanners on our system but that was before my time at our company. We are about to make a upgrade to Epicor 9 but we still want to figure this out in the mean time.
>
> Any ideas or things you currently have implemented would be a huge help.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad
>
I am looking for a quicker way for our users to log into our system; like using some kind of card swiping device or bar code scanner. I know we used to have bar code scanners on our system but that was before my time at our company. We are about to make a upgrade to Epicor 9 but we still want to figure this out in the mean time.

Any ideas or things you currently have implemented would be a huge help.

Thanks,
Chad