Vantage 8.03.4xx

We are running about 48 concurrent licenses and had a three week period where the system would lock up the APP servers. We migrated to 8.03.05K and the problem seemed to go away but the main thing we did was reset the timeout from 30 minutes to 3 minutes so that the app servers would not continue to fill up and kick everyone off

We have upgraded our servers and went to a gigabyte switched network but the SQL version is still slow, especially with large amounts of releases on sales orders and thousands of ship to's on our customer master. We are preparing to migrate to 8.03.400 in the hopes that performance will improve considerably

Chad Corkrum <chadcorkrum@...> wrote:
I am wondering what people's milage has been using 8.03.4xx with SQL in a medium sized business 70 to 100 concurrent connections.

With 8.03 we have been experiencing about 3 to 4 times a day all the app servers will get stuck on sending and someone has to go in and kill the stuck app server PID's.

We didn't have this issue in 8.00 until migrating to 8.03 it's hard to rule out hardware as we bought new hardware for the roll out and went from SQL 2000 to 2005 all 32bit on 32bit Windows.

I'd also like to know anyone's luck on running Vantage with 64bit SQL and Windows how well that works if the gains are worth any of the headache's.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

I am wondering what people's milage has been using 8.03.4xx with SQL in a medium sized business 70 to 100 concurrent connections.

With 8.03 we have been experiencing about 3 to 4 times a day all the app servers will get stuck on sending and someone has to go in and kill the stuck app server PID's.

We didn't have this issue in 8.00 until migrating to 8.03 it's hard to rule out hardware as we bought new hardware for the roll out and went from SQL 2000 to 2005 all 32bit on 32bit Windows.

I'd also like to know anyone's luck on running Vantage with 64bit SQL and Windows how well that works if the gains are worth any of the headache's.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Get easy, one-click access to your favorites.
Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs