Vantage 8.03 where are custom report paths stored

ReportStyle table told me exactly what I needed to know with the “PrintProgram” field.  Thanks so much. 

Mike Abell

Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office:   931.432.8408
Mobile:  615.418.3055

email:  MAbell@...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:12 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Vantage 8.03 where are custom report paths stored

If you have put all your custom reports into the customreports directory that will show all reports you have changed,  it will not tell you if you are actually using the reports.  These normally go into .../Server/Reports/CustomReports.

You can also look at Report Styles. Again if you are following recommended practices of copying original reports into server/reports/customreports you would have to have changed or added a report style to use the custom version.  You could run a BAQ against the Report Style table listing all report styles  and examine the report file pointed to.  If in the customreports directory it is a custom report, you could add filtering on the BAQ to only find report styles that are in the customreports directory.

Even with a report style existing there is no guarantee that the report is on a menu anywhere and actually available for use.

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

I want to write a report that will tell me ALL of the “custom” reports I am currently using in our Vantage 8.03 system.  Can someone tell me the easiest/quickest method to figure this out?

Mike Abell

Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office:   931.432.8408
Mobile:  615.418.3055

email:  MAbell@...

The quickest and fastest way is to just pull it from SQL. Paste this into sql and run against whatever database you want to know all the reports that are not system reports.

-- Region Parameters

DECLARE @p0 Int = 1

-- EndRegion

SELECT [t0].[reportid] AS [Reportid], [t0].[rptdescription] AS [Rptdescription], [t0].[autoprogram] AS [Autoprogram], [t0].[systemrpt] AS [Systemrpt], [t0].[PROGRESS_RECID], [t0].[PROGRESS_RECID_IDENT_]

FROM [report] AS [t0]

WHERE [t0].[systemrpt] <> @p0

Thanks.

Also if you modified the original system reports to do custom things, then there is no way of knowing how many custom reports you are actually using. The recommended steps for custom reports was to save a new style for each and not modify the originals. So hopefully that was done on your end.
If you have put all your custom reports into the customreports directory that will show all reports you have changed,  it will not tell you if you are actually using the reports.  These normally go into .../Server/Reports/CustomReports.

You can also look at Report Styles. Again if you are following recommended practices of copying original reports into server/reports/customreports you would have to have changed or added a report style to use the custom version.  You could run a BAQ against the Report Style table listing all report styles  and examine the report file pointed to.  If in the customreports directory it is a custom report, you could add filtering on the BAQ to only find report styles that are in the customreports directory.

Even with a report style existing there is no guarantee that the report is on a menu anywhere and actually available for use.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc