Vantage 8.x PDF Documentation

For all Citrix users, do the following:
In Active Directory, on the sessions tab, configure the 'End a Disconnected Session' option. I have chosen to end all disconnected sessions after two hours of inactivity. Before I did this, I ran into the same thing you are experiencing.

Kelly Potratz

Todd Caughey <caugheyt@...> wrote:
You mean the 239 page color glossy paper book, item # 12011-803? The one they charge for (aside from giving limited copies away here and there)? I really doubt it would be in electronic form (PDF, etc...) given the cost that went into producing it. Electronic would be too hard to control duplication. On one hand I hate to pay for things that should be included with a system (like documentation) but on the other hand I will willingly pay for items of this quality. Too bad the installation and administration documentation is not of this level. It might greatly reduce the frustration levels and support calls due to missteps in installing and administering. I have a gut feeling that poor documentation is at the root of many issues...including some part of performance. In the end, giving this type of documentation away would probably cost Epicor far far less and make the customers far far happier.

BTW...I suspect they may eventually create books, of similar quality, to deal with MRP, Scheduling and other modules. Why not start at the beginning though with 'How to Install' or "How Vantage (or Epicor Manufacturing) Works'?

-Todd C.

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of lapulsifer
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:14 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Vantage 8.x PDF Documentation

Hello. My company is in the process of implementing Vantage 8.0.3
running in a MS Windows 2003/SQL Server 2005 environment.

Our Project Manager ordered Hard Copy User's Guides. She doesn't see
a need for electronic copies.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the user's guide and any
other documentation in a PDF or another electronic version?

Maybe on-line help is sufficient. I don't know at this point.

Thanks.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

---------------------------------
Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Thanks.
You mean the 239 page color glossy paper book, item # 12011-803? The one they charge for (aside from giving limited copies away here and there)? I really doubt it would be in electronic form (PDF, etc...) given the cost that went into producing it. Electronic would be too hard to control duplication. On one hand I hate to pay for things that should be included with a system (like documentation) but on the other hand I will willingly pay for items of this quality. Too bad the installation and administration documentation is not of this level. It might greatly reduce the frustration levels and support calls due to missteps in installing and administering. I have a gut feeling that poor documentation is at the root of many issues...including some part of performance. In the end, giving this type of documentation away would probably cost Epicor far far less and make the customers far far happier.

BTW...I suspect they may eventually create books, of similar quality, to deal with MRP, Scheduling and other modules. Why not start at the beginning though with 'How to Install' or "How Vantage (or Epicor Manufacturing) Works'?

-Todd C.

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of lapulsifer
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:14 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Vantage 8.x PDF Documentation

Thanks.