Vantage - Epicor 904 Vs 505 A/B/C

> Heh, I should put a sig on my posts, I'm Patrick not Peter
> (not Spiderman).

Sorry about that Patrick. I actually knew it was Patrick but I must have
gotten bitten by a radioactive spider or something...

> We generally run the report for 30 days.
> Was for both (posted and unposted).
> Was for all transaction types.
>
> It runs pretty quickly now.

Are you SQL or Progress?

Mark W.
Hi All,

Im just wondering if any of you are using Epicor 9.04.505 A, B or C?

If so, what problems have you encountered with the version and which problems has the version fixed.

We are due to upgrade to 505B in a few weeks.

We are currently on 503B.

Thanks,


CHRIS THOMPSON




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We are converting from 8.03 to 9.04.505B over the next two weeks. I
would also be interested in any issues other users are experiencing.
Thanks



Regards,





Andrew Best

Kice Industries, Inc.

P(316)744-7151

F(316)295-2412



From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Chris Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 6:54 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Vantage - Epicor 904 Vs 505 A/B/C





Hi All,

Im just wondering if any of you are using Epicor 9.04.505 A, B or C?

If so, what problems have you encountered with the version and which
problems has the version fixed.

We are due to upgrade to 505B in a few weeks.

We are currently on 503B.

Thanks,

CHRIS THOMPSON

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> We are converting from 8.03 to 9.04.505B over the next two weeks. I
> would also be interested in any issues other users are experiencing.

We went live on 503B in March. The WIP/Recon report went from 20-30 minutes
in 8.03.400 to over 4 hours. It was supposed to be fixed in 505 but that
runs in about the same time. I've tested A and B so far and will test C on
Wednesday. The OpenEdge service pack 4 and the latest hot fix did bring
about a general improvement in speed. We're holding at a one-off filled 504B
until the performance of the WIP/Recon report gets down to less than an
hour, now scheduled for 506.

Mark W.
Did that one off speed up your WIP/Recon report?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Wonsil" <mark_wonsil@...> wrote:
>
> > We are converting from 8.03 to 9.04.505B over the next two weeks. I
> > would also be interested in any issues other users are experiencing.
>
> We went live on 503B in March. The WIP/Recon report went from 20-30 minutes
> in 8.03.400 to over 4 hours. It was supposed to be fixed in 505 but that
> runs in about the same time. I've tested A and B so far and will test C on
> Wednesday. The OpenEdge service pack 4 and the latest hot fix did bring
> about a general improvement in speed. We're holding at a one-off filled 504B
> until the performance of the WIP/Recon report gets down to less than an
> hour, now scheduled for 506.
>
> Mark W.
>
>
> Did that one off speed up your WIP/Recon report?
>

No. The one-offs were to get Mass Issue to jobs under 8 minutes and to fix
Get Details for Product Configuration that was taking another 6 - 8 minutes.
Those both work now.

The WIP/Recon is a design issue that cannot be fixed with one-offs I'm told.
I'm inclined to think that the challange lies in the Posting Engine.
Everything about posting is now table-driven and I'm guessing that there's a
lot of look-ups when the WIP/Recon report is running and it seems
inefficient. For companies that have multiple books, the table-driven stuff
is great. For those who used Vantage with a single book are paying a high
price for flexibility that they probable don't need - which is unfortunate.
They are working on it but it makes passing the controller in the hallway an
uncomfortable experience...

Mark W.
> in 8.03.400 to over 4 hours. It was supposed to be fixed in 505 but that
> runs in about the same time. I've tested A and B so far and will test C
on
> Wednesday.

Wait a minute. 505C isn't out yet. I just tested B with no change. This test
was for all items in a month, both posted and unposted. I'm going to try a
single account, a single transaction type, and a single job today.

Mark
Keep us posted



Regards,





Andrew Best

Kice Industries, Inc.

P(316)744-7151

F(316)295-2412



From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Mark Wonsil
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 8:40 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Vantage - Epicor 904 Vs 505 A/B/C





> in 8.03.400 to over 4 hours. It was supposed to be fixed in 505 but
that
> runs in about the same time. I've tested A and B so far and will test
C
on
> Wednesday.

Wait a minute. 505C isn't out yet. I just tested B with no change. This
test
was for all items in a month, both posted and unposted. I'm going to try
a
single account, a single transaction type, and a single job today.

Mark





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Our WIP/Recon report used to take over an hour to run, now since 505A I believe it takes less than a minute to generate 120 pages.

Must be something different in our configs that allowed it to fix our speed issues but still not resolve yours.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Wonsil" <mark_wonsil@...> wrote:
>
> > We are converting from 8.03 to 9.04.505B over the next two weeks. I
> > would also be interested in any issues other users are experiencing.
>
> We went live on 503B in March. The WIP/Recon report went from 20-30 minutes
> in 8.03.400 to over 4 hours. It was supposed to be fixed in 505 but that
> runs in about the same time. I've tested A and B so far and will test C on
> Wednesday. The OpenEdge service pack 4 and the latest hot fix did bring
> about a general improvement in speed. We're holding at a one-off filled 504B
> until the performance of the WIP/Recon report gets down to less than an
> hour, now scheduled for 506.
>
> Mark W.
>
Hi Peter,

> Our WIP/Recon report used to take over an hour to run, now
> since 505A I believe it takes less than a minute to generate
> 120 pages.
>
> Must be something different in our configs that allowed it to
> fix our speed issues but still not resolve yours.

That would be awesome! A 120 pages represents how many days? How do you run
the report? Included posted, unposted, or both? All or some transaction
types? Range of dates or a single date?

I'd love to get this one behind us.

Thanks!

Mark W.
Heh, I should put a sig on my posts, I'm Patrick not Peter (not Spiderman).

We generally run the report for 30 days.
Was for both (posted and unposted).
Was for all transaction types.

It runs pretty quickly now.

Patrick P.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Wonsil" <mark_wonsil@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> > Our WIP/Recon report used to take over an hour to run, now
> > since 505A I believe it takes less than a minute to generate
> > 120 pages.
> >
> > Must be something different in our configs that allowed it to
> > fix our speed issues but still not resolve yours.
>
> That would be awesome! A 120 pages represents how many days? How do you run
> the report? Included posted, unposted, or both? All or some transaction
> types? Range of dates or a single date?
>
> I'd love to get this one behind us.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark W.
>