Vantage8.00 -Intermediate Parts out of Multiple OSP Oprns not visib

I am sure many manufacturers out there have this issue and I'm curious how you handle this. We are an engineer to order/make to order/assemble to order shop. The following scenario is typical on a more complex level at several operations for us.We have jobs with methods of mfgrng for finished assemblies eg: Part# 3000, that has two Oprns on it and one Raw material issue to it-part# 1001.
We issue part# 1001 -Steel blanks to the job (PO written to job subcontract operation step) Outside Subcontract Oprn 10: Machining makes part 2001 in a formed state. We receive part 2001 (non-stocked) through inspection back in and issue it to another Operation 20: Drill Holes that makes the final part 3000. The Methods listing for the part 3000 does not ever show the interim part 2001. At Operation 10 Detail, the interim part 2001 is listed in the Part section. Our engineering drawings show the different parts as fit/form/function changes but nowhere is this interim part visible to us in the Methods except to peruse it at the Job Operation Details level or at the Engineering workbench edit level.
I would like to get this information on a report. Should we be setting up the jobs/ops/methods differently?
I opened a case with Epicor and they indicated that this was a consulting issue and that it can be done but not the way we had it. How do others setup methods to address this issue?
Our real-life scenario extends into 20-30 subcontract /outside process operations to multiple suppliers with several parts that are like this not visible to us. Your input is appreciated.
Thanks
RSN

---------------------------------
Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hey groupies...
I have been contacted by a desparate soul in Vancouver, BC implementing Vista 8.0 and has questions about nesting multiple parts in one operation. Such as cutting "blanks" out of a sheet of steel that make 3-4 different parts that then go into the final assembly. Hmmmm...multiple part numbers on one operation....sort of makes my head spin and definitely makes me glad we are a simple stamping shop. I am thinking that Vista 8 can't be too far different in approach from what one would do in Vantage.

I advised him to join the group despite the Vista aspect but he is having trouble with the web interface for yahoogroups.com. For that matter so am I. You have to retry pages several times before they work.

In the mean time I offered to post the subject here to see if anyone else has to deal with this sort of thing. If you do and would care to help please contact me off-list and I will connect you up with his name and email address. For the record his implementation consultant has not been able to help him. I figured if anyone can come to his rescue this group could. Hopefully he will be a member soon and can post questions directly.

email me at: caugheyt@...

Thanks,
Todd Caughey
Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.

Todd, I am not sure if I conceptually understand now one single (same)operation out of a blank sheet yields multiple part numbers. Do they become intermediate part#s before they become multiple parts?
We have a similar issue where we have intermediate parts (sort of like phantom parts) that come out of our subcontract machining operations that are not stocked to the shelf but come back in to get re-issued again to yet another outside operation for a weldment where it morphs into yet another part. The intermediate parts are not visible in the methods listing. I'm going to post this as a separate issue on the forum to see how others handle this.
Thx
RSN

Todd Caughey <caugheyt@...> wrote:
Hey groupies...
I have been contacted by a desparate soul in Vancouver, BC implementing Vista 8.0 and has questions about nesting multiple parts in one operation. Such as cutting "blanks" out of a sheet of steel that make 3-4 different parts that then go into the final assembly. Hmmmm...multiple part numbers on one operation....sort of makes my head spin and definitely makes me glad we are a simple stamping shop. I am thinking that Vista 8 can't be too far different in approach from what one would do in Vantage.

I advised him to join the group despite the Vista aspect but he is having trouble with the web interface for yahoogroups.com. For that matter so am I. You have to retry pages several times before they work.

In the mean time I offered to post the subject here to see if anyone else has to deal with this sort of thing. If you do and would care to help please contact me off-list and I will connect you up with his name and email address. For the record his implementation consultant has not been able to help him. I figured if anyone can come to his rescue this group could. Hopefully he will be a member soon and can post questions directly.

email me at: caugheyt@...

Thanks,
Todd Caughey
Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.

---------------------------------
Get your own web address.
Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.