Ver 6.10.541 programming Question

When creating new applications with Provision, you have the option to select Window or Dialog. Are you saying that you have a .P that executes a browser that is creating a window? If so, then you'll probably need to use the CREATE command to create a Dialog window at time of running. Could you post your code that you are trying to use?

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Bill Jackson
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:22 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Ver 6.10.541 programming Question

BY dialog I'm guessing you mean a 'procedure' type program(extension .p), my program is a .p that opens a 'windows' program(ext .w) - the program does run from a button on the VB Form but has all of the 'problems' I mentioned previously.

"Podlin, Michael" < michael.podlin@ <mailto:michael.podlin%40v-s.com> v-s.com> wrote: Is your program a window or dialog? Since VBForms are dialogs, you can not open a window from a dialog. Window to Window, Window to Dialog, or Dialog to Dialog.

If you app is a Dialog, save it in the VBP folder any use the command: RUNPROG VBP\yourprogram.w

From: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com [mailto: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com]On Behalf Of Bill Jackson
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 1:07 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com
Subject: [Vantage] Ver 6.10.541 programming Question

I've developed a simple Progress Window containing a Browser(listing all serial numbers) , compiled a simple ".p" procedure to open the browser, works fine stand-alone.
The idea is to open/run the 'browser' app from a button on a VB Form, my app does run, the window/browser starts, but it cannot be selected, the scroll is not selectable- and my custom 'window' opens 'behind' the VB form and closes when I hit 'Cancel' on the VB Form.
I'm guessing there is some type of 'parent/child' consideration I'm missing, has anyone been able to open a 'Custom Progress' Window from within Vantage?

Thanks,
Bill J.

---------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I've developed a simple Progress Window containing a Browser(listing all serial numbers) , compiled a simple ".p" procedure to open the browser, works fine stand-alone.
The idea is to open/run the 'browser' app from a button on a VB Form, my app does run, the window/browser starts, but it cannot be selected, the scroll is not selectable- and my custom 'window' opens 'behind' the VB form and closes when I hit 'Cancel' on the VB Form.
I'm guessing there is some type of 'parent/child' consideration I'm missing, has anyone been able to open a 'Custom Progress' Window from within Vantage?

Thanks,
Bill J.

Is your program a window or dialog? Since VBForms are dialogs, you can not open a window from a dialog. Window to Window, Window to Dialog, or Dialog to Dialog.

If you app is a Dialog, save it in the VBP folder any use the command: RUNPROG VBP\yourprogram.w

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Bill Jackson

Thanks,
Bill J.

BY dialog I'm guessing you mean a 'procedure' type program(extension .p), my program is a .p that opens a 'windows' program(ext .w) - the program does run from a button on the VB Form but has all of the 'problems' I mentioned previously.

"Podlin, Michael" <michael.podlin@...> wrote: Is your program a window or dialog? Since VBForms are dialogs, you can not open a window from a dialog. Window to Window, Window to Dialog, or Dialog to Dialog.

Thanks,
Bill J.