Vista generated e-mails

I researched this a while back and from what I recall, the disconnect from the mail server is a two step process involving handshake acknowlegements and the Vantage process some how misses the last ack and sits there and waits for it to happen - for ever (or server reboots).
I believe I read it is up to the process waiting for the ack to handle a missed ack within a reasonable amount of time and reset itself - obvoiusly not happening.

If you run netstat -a from a command window on Vantage server and look for port 25, you can find the PID of the process that is waiting and kill it using task manager - invariably it is your primary appserver process and it causes users to become disconnected......

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Tom Jankowski <tom.allied@...> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know what causes the Vantage process for auto-generating e-mails to stop on its own? When this happens we have to restart the services to get the e-mails flowing again. We are running 803.408A on progress.
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Does anyone know what causes the Vantage process for auto-generating e-mails to stop on its own? When this happens we have to restart the services to get the e-mails flowing again. We are running 803.408A on progress.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]