VMware Question

Not much issues
Your issues may start when you start planning for the next patch and clone this box.
The client upgrade looks for patch information in the .mfgsys files – make sure you modify them correctly both in the ReleaseClient.zip and client folder on the server

Motty

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@...> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> Over the weekend we did some testing where we made a copy of our current Vantage 8.03 406A server and ran it on a VMware virtual machine. We are using vSphere 4.1. The tests we did went well and all seemed to be OK. However, I am looking for feedback from the group if there might be any "gotchas" that I need to be aware of before we cut over to our virtual server in a couple weeks. We are using Progress as our database.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Pfiester
> Systems Accountant
> NuStep, Inc.
> 734-418-1850
>
Hello All,

Over the weekend we did some testing where we made a copy of our current Vantage 8.03 406A server and ran it on a VMware virtual machine. We are using vSphere 4.1. The tests we did went well and all seemed to be OK. However, I am looking for feedback from the group if there might be any "gotchas" that I need to be aware of before we cut over to our virtual server in a couple weeks. We are using Progress as our database.

Thanks,

David Pfiester
Systems Accountant
NuStep, Inc.
734-418-1850