Web portal and reducing inventory

'Reducing inventory' is pretty vague. Describe your business and general processes & perhaps it would be easier to advise on where the low hanging fruit exists to do so.

As a general rule, focus on making your physical & 'people processes' efficient. (Question everything - Every company has 'untouchable' issues they tend to not want to deal with because "we've always done it that way" or there is just general discomfort with dealing with negative impacting people/skill issues.) Focus on Return on Cash & improving your cash flow & cash reserves as cash is generally generated by converting inventory asset (via sales consumption relief) to cash reserves - as long as you aren't blindly replenishing inventory to old higher levels. Do this with the counterbalance of measuring and achieving the necessary customer service levels to compete in your industry & it will drive you (rapidly) towards high yield opportunities to reduce inventory.

Don't over-think. Be experimental and listen to all in the company as the best ideas tend to come from those that do something every day. Focus on continuous incremental improvements and also do not be afraid to make one day sweeping process changes. If they don't work, QUICKLY determine (really) why they didn't work and adjust (which sometimes means chucking the idea and going in an entirely different direction).

Improve the skills of your existing people and bring in new blood if needed.

Go Lean. Get education (for all) and DO IT.

Rob Brown

Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 1:32:56 PM
Subject: [Vantage] web portal and reducing inventory

I am interested in making web portal which can be accessed by customers for looking into the reports.
Also is there any advise for reducing inventory.

Please advise.
I am using vantage 6.10 rt now.
Thanks to all

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I am interested in making web portal which can be accessed by customers for looking into the reports.
Also is there any advise for reducing inventory.

Please advise.
I am using vantage 6.10 rt now.
Thanks to all