What credit card processor do you use other than PayPal?

Epicor 10.2!

do have a virtual terminal?

We use Epicors cloud offering - each PC has the smart client installed. All credit cart processing and storage happens on servers outside of our control so we did not have to use a virtual terminal for PCI compliance. I think there was something we could do to get a slightly better rating but I don’t remember what it was, our main goal was for someone else to be responsible and we achieved that.

1 Like

@Evan - do you also use the web portal for the customers to pay you without giving you their CC info?

And has anyone used Advancedware’s CC solution?

@MikeGross, turns out we do. I know very little about it though. I can ask those in the know to see what they think.

Yep, we send them a link so we never have to handle the CC info.

1 Like

The card authorization process isn’t great. It doesn’t have any status as if the card has been authorized. There is a log but it’s not on the main card entry screen. We’ve ran into cases of cards being authorized more than once.

Another issue is how charges are processes. Customers end up with two charges for an order. One charge for the actual order then an additional charge for shipping. There isn’t an option to combine them. Not a huge deal for some customers but some really don’t like the two separate charges.

Some other issues include no receipt function and no option to combine multiple orders.

@anon31358647 - if you wouldn’t mind. I’ve got very little on AW, so I’m just looking for some feedback.

Is that just EBizCharge?

Ah, sorry, I was just clarifying we use Century Business Solutions EBizCharge with Epicors Cloud offering - we don’t host our own Epicor locally.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Ummm… I thought PCI Compliance was “Required” if you are not, it could lead to future problems and fines.

@timshuwy - Tim I think that solution tokenizes everything, so Epicor does not need to keep CC data at all, therefore really limiting the PCI compliance requirements.

With Century Business Solutions, even though our Epicor implementation is on-premise, and the credit card data is entered into Epicor screens, the data is not actually stored in the on-prem Epicor database. So our servers and network do not need to meet the strict PCI standards. We still do have to meet PCI procedural good-practice standards.

2 Likes

I am also checking with some of my contacts about Advancedware for you. I know we have an integration with them to deliver level 2/3 interchange, but don’t know which clients are using it currently. I will let you know what I find out.

Thought I’d drop this out here…

Looks like AW is $16.5k while CBS’s package deal is free as long as you use them. But CBS cannot do the international stuff - only USD/CAD - and AW can work with MANY currencies. I need to check with Epicor still to see if they’ve gone international yet, or have other folks they work with in the EU.

Ah, turns out we’re using AW for taxes but Epicor for credit card processing. Sorry, still learning here @MikeGross. :roll_eyes:

Thanks @anon31358647, it’s all good. I still can’t find the person at Epicor I need to talk to just yet but my CAM is looking…

Second this. We started with EPX and it’s very easy to use.

1 Like

Hi Brooke, our EbizCharge solution can pretty much do anything you could want from a processing stand point. Yes it has a virtual terminal for transactions you want to run outside the epicor platform but realistically you should be able to do everything inside of our integration. We’ve built several web connectors as well to various ecomm platforms to help the two programs integrate and talk including PartTrap, ECC, and a few others. On the PCI compliance topic we have added ways for your customer to enter the CC info in for you and communicate back to epicor via tokenization for the highest level of PCI compliance. We also have a ton of other features (payment portal, email pay, ach processing) that might be of value too. Sorry for the lengthy “sales pitch” but I think you will see as our customers are attesting to that we have something really great. Let me know if you would like to check out a demo.

1 Like