What is processMfgID/ipProcessMfgID?

The 2022.1 update broke a couple of my method directives by adding a new parameter to BO service method calls. On PartRevSearchSvc.GetByID, the new parameter is called processMfgID. On EngWorkBenchSvc.ViewCosts, it’s called ipProcessMfgID. Passing empty strings for these parameters seems to make the REST API happy, so hopefully that will work in my BPMs as well. But what is this new parameter? Maybe it’s something I can take advantage of.

I believe 2021.1 is embargoed for a while still so I don’t think you’ll get much help with this for a bit. I would suggest ask Epicor directly via support or the CR.

1 Like

What do you mean, embargoed? It was pushed out to our pilot and test environments this weekend.

yeah but its under NDA on the Control Release program.

1 Like

So they force an update that breaks things, with no real documentation, and we’re expected to be ready to go live with it on an outrageously short time scale. But we’re not allowed to discuss problems and solutions with the user community, the only real source of help and documentation there has ever been. Brilliant!

3 Likes

As far as I can tell this is related to “Process Manufacturing” and the field is “blank” everywhere in the demo Db. So I’d say… move along nothing to see here.

3 Likes

Are you gentlemen talking about 2022.1?

2 Likes

Why? Who wants to know? It’s secret!

2 Likes

The funny meta is that they’re as bad about documenting their embargo as they are about documenting everything else. I never signed an NDA, and this is the first I’ve heard of Epicor having an NDA for anything, let alone for upgrades that I didn’t want in the first place. Support didn’t mention an embargo when they sent me the change log and what’s new documents, and there’s no mention of an embargo within those documents.

You probably don’t have one, those of us in the CR do :stuck_out_tongue: it’s all right.