Where to find the XML files of canned Epicor Reports?

The report XML can usually found on the server share, a path something like this:

\\SERVERNAME\Epicor\mfgsysdata\Reports\USERID

BTW... when you print/preview your report you can specify how long the XML file will be retained in your report folder with the "Archive Period" setting on the report form

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <clederer@...> wrote:

I'm trying to export a canned report into Crystal Reports and edit it through Crystal. I need to use the original data connection from the original report. Right now I'm not be able to preview it from within Crystal. I think is because I need to find where the sample data is. Once I can get some sample data by running the report, I can find where it saves the XML files. I'm not sure where it is, except I'm fairly certain it is on the server somewhere.
I'm trying to export a canned report into Crystal Reports and edit it through Crystal. I need to use the original data connection from the original report. Right now I'm not be able to preview it from within Crystal. I think is because I need to find where the sample data is. Once I can get some sample data by running the report, I can find where it saves the XML files. I'm not sure where it is, except I'm fairly certain it is on the server somewhere.
after a print preview look under:

EpicorData>Reports>Your Username

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "clederer@..." <clederer@...> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to export a canned report into Crystal Reports and edit it through Crystal. I need to use the original data connection from the original report. Right now I'm not be able to preview it from within Crystal. I think is because I need to find where the sample data is. Once I can get some sample data by running the report, I can find where it saves the XML files. I'm not sure where it is, except I'm fairly certain it is on the server somewhere.
>
For the ADO.NET(XML)connection it asks for the file name (which i found) and the "Class Name" what is this class name referring to?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jarradlayne" <jarradlayne@...> wrote:
>
> after a print preview look under:
>
> EpicorData>Reports>Your Username
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "clederer@" <clederer@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to export a canned report into Crystal Reports and edit it through Crystal. I need to use the original data connection from the original report. Right now I'm not be able to preview it from within Crystal. I think is because I need to find where the sample data is. Once I can get some sample data by running the report, I can find where it saves the XML files. I'm not sure where it is, except I'm fairly certain it is on the server somewhere.
> >
>

I don’t think I ever filled that in, you probably only need the file name

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clederer@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 1:45 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Where to find the XML files of canned Epicor Reports?

For the ADO.NET(XML)connection it asks for the file name (which i found) and the "Class Name" what is this class name referring to?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jarradlayne" <jarradlayne@...> wrote:
>
> after a print preview look under:
>
> EpicorData>Reports>Your Username
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "clederer@" <clederer@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to export a canned report into Crystal Reports and edit it through Crystal. I need to use the original data connection from the original report. Right now I'm not be able to preview it from within Crystal. I think is because I need to find where the sample data is. Once I can get some sample data by running the report, I can find where it saves the XML files. I'm not sure where it is, except I'm fairly certain it is on the server somewhere.
> >
>

When I copy the file from my folder over I'm receiving this error:

Logon Failed. Details: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: ARDtls, ReportDataSet.Line35444,position1.

I'm not sure what it means

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karen Schoenung <kschoenung@...> wrote:
>
> I don't think I ever filled that in, you probably only need the file name
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clederer@...
> Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 1:45 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Where to find the XML files of canned Epicor Reports?
>
>
>
> For the ADO.NET(XML)connection it asks for the file name (which i found) and the "Class Name" what is this class name referring to?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, "jarradlayne" <jarradlayne@<mailto:jarradlayne@>> wrote:
> >
> > after a print preview look under:
> >
> > EpicorData>Reports>Your Username
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, "clederer@" <clederer@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to export a canned report into Crystal Reports and edit it through Crystal. I need to use the original data connection from the original report. Right now I'm not be able to preview it from within Crystal. I think is because I need to find where the sample data is. Once I can get some sample data by running the report, I can find where it saves the XML files. I'm not sure where it is, except I'm fairly certain it is on the server somewhere.
> > >
> >
>

In Crystal Reports, you connect to ADO, choose browse option to connect to the xml file…

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clederer@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 1:57 PM

Logon Failed. Details: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: ARDtls, ReportDataSet.Line35444,position1.

>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of clederer@...
>
>
>
> For the ADO.NET(XML)connection it asks for the file name (which i found) and the "Class Name" what is this class name referring to?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, "jarradlayne" <jarradlayne@<mailto:jarradlayne@>> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, "clederer@" <clederer@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to export a canned report into Crystal Reports and edit it through Crystal. I need to use the original data connection from the original report. Right now I'm not be able to preview it from within Crystal. I think is because I need to find where the sample data is. Once I can get some sample data by running the report, I can find where it saves the XML files. I'm not sure where it is, except I'm fairly certain it is on the server somewhere.
> > >
> >
>

From my experience, that usually pointed to a corrupt or bad RDD...

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

>
>
>
>
>
>
> >
> >
> >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

How old is the file. I’ve found that garbage collection will get parts of my xml data files before I can do anything with them. I run the report and immediately use the xml before it “expires”

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

Wisconsin Converting, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rob Bucek
Sent: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:47 PM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: Where to find the XML files of canned Epicor Reports?

From my experience, that usually pointed to a corrupt or bad RDD...

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

>
>
>
>
>
>
> >
> >
> >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]