WiP/Reconciliation report

Yes, sorry the penny dropped. Got this working. Thanks for your help.

Michael

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "NigelK" <nigel.kerley@...> wrote:
>
> You wouldn't - at least you wouldn't enter any GL Filter, though you would filter everything else as normal.
>
> This would then still produce a complete, i.e. including *all* GL Accounts, XML file which may or may not be rather large.
>
> This would then normally produce a complete Inv/WIP Report, but the parameter requirement in the report itself would then pop up and be applied to the displayed results.
>
>
> Nigel.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hutcheson <michael.hutcheson@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for this - but if I was to do the filtering in Crystal, how do I get all the results out first? The problem is the initial vantage filter - you can only select one record at a time.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: NigelK <nigel.kerley@>
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Wed, March 31, 2010 3:55:12 PM
> > Subject: [Vantage] Re: WiP/Reconciliation report
> >
> >
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, why not just add a parameter to the Crystal Report itself and filter the results by that.
> >
> > Not as clean, maybe, but surely much easier.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Nigel.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "michael.hutcheson@ ..." <michael.hutcheson@ ...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Vantage 4.06
> > >
> > > Hey folks,
> > >
> > > I've had a request from a user to replicate the WIP/Reconciliation report but for it to be filtered on a specfic group of GL accounts. (the standard one doesn't let you select more than one GL account at a time). The user only wants a summary view too.
> > >
> > > Is there a standard BAQ that the above report uses? Has anyone else done anything like this before?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help.
> > >
> > > Michael
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
Vantage 4.06

Hey folks,

I've had a request from a user to replicate the WIP/Reconciliation report but for it to be filtered on a specfic group of GL accounts. (the standard one doesn't let you select more than one GL account at a time). The user only wants a summary view too.

Is there a standard BAQ that the above report uses? Has anyone else done anything like this before?

Thanks for any help.

Michael
Hi Michael,

Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, why not just add a parameter to the Crystal Report itself and filter the results by that.

Not as clean, maybe, but surely much easier.

HTH,
Nigel.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "michael.hutcheson@..." <michael.hutcheson@...> wrote:
>
> Vantage 4.06
>
> Hey folks,
>
> I've had a request from a user to replicate the WIP/Reconciliation report but for it to be filtered on a specfic group of GL accounts. (the standard one doesn't let you select more than one GL account at a time). The user only wants a summary view too.
>
> Is there a standard BAQ that the above report uses? Has anyone else done anything like this before?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Michael
>
That's what we did for a request to add a filter by part to the report.

Of course in that situation the G/L recap at the end didn't make any sense to show, so I suppressed it conditionally.

-bws

--
Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix
    bspolarich@... ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotonix.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of NigelK
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:55 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: WiP/Reconciliation report

Hi Michael,

Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, why not just add a parameter to the Crystal Report itself and filter the results by that.

HTH,
Nigel.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "michael.hutcheson@..." <michael.hutcheson@...> wrote:
>
> Vantage 4.06
>
> Hey folks,
>
> I've had a request from a user to replicate the WIP/Reconciliation report but for it to be filtered on a specfic group of GL accounts. (the standard one doesn't let you select more than one GL account at a time). The user only wants a summary view too.
>
> Is there a standard BAQ that the above report uses? Has anyone else done anything like this before?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Michael
>

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
Thanks for this - but if I was to do the filtering in Crystal, how do I get all the results out first? The problem is the initial vantage filter - you can only select one record at a time.

Michael

Sent: Wed, March 31, 2010 3:55:12 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: WiP/Reconciliation report

Hi Michael,

HTH,
Nigel.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "michael.hutcheson@ ..." <michael.hutcheson@ ...> wrote:
>
> Vantage 4.06
>
> Hey folks,
>
>
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Michael
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
You wouldn't - at least you wouldn't enter any GL Filter, though you would filter everything else as normal.

This would then still produce a complete, i.e. including *all* GL Accounts, XML file which may or may not be rather large.

This would then normally produce a complete Inv/WIP Report, but the parameter requirement in the report itself would then pop up and be applied to the displayed results.

Nigel.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hutcheson <michael.hutcheson@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for this - but if I was to do the filtering in Crystal, how do I get all the results out first? The problem is the initial vantage filter - you can only select one record at a time.
>
> Michael
>
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: NigelK <nigel.kerley@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wed, March 31, 2010 3:55:12 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: WiP/Reconciliation report
>
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, why not just add a parameter to the Crystal Report itself and filter the results by that.
>
> Not as clean, maybe, but surely much easier.
>
> HTH,
> Nigel.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "michael.hutcheson@ ..." <michael.hutcheson@ ...> wrote:
> >
> > Vantage 4.06
> >
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I've had a request from a user to replicate the WIP/Reconciliation report but for it to be filtered on a specfic group of GL accounts. (the standard one doesn't let you select more than one GL account at a time). The user only wants a summary view too.
> >
> > Is there a standard BAQ that the above report uses? Has anyone else done anything like this before?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Michael
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
It will throw the whole dataset (from the first set of parameters) to
crystal and populate the crystal parameter box with these values. You
can select or multi-select from there. So, don't filter the first step.

Ross

On Apr 1, 2010, at 4:22 AM, Michael Hutcheson <michael.hutcheson@...
> wrote:

> Thanks for this - but if I was to do the filtering in Crystal, how
> do I get all the results out first? The problem is the initial
> vantage filter - you can only select one record at a time.
>
> Michael
>
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: NigelK <nigel.kerley@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wed, March 31, 2010 3:55:12 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: WiP/Reconciliation report
>
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Rather than trying to re-invent the wheel, why not just add a
> parameter to the Crystal Report itself and filter the results by that.
>
> Not as clean, maybe, but surely much easier.
>
> HTH,
> Nigel.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "michael.hutcheson@ ..."
> <michael.hutcheson@ ...> wrote:
>>
>> Vantage 4.06
>>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> I've had a request from a user to replicate the WIP/Reconciliation
>> report but for it to be filtered on a specfic group of GL accounts.
>> (the standard one doesn't let you select more than one GL account
>> at a time). The user only wants a summary view too.
>>
>> Is there a standard BAQ that the above report uses? Has anyone
>> else done anything like this before?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You
> must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable
> access. )
> (1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report
> Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/
> .
> (2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
> (3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo!
> Groups Links
>
>
>