XML data issue Blank Title 120273

Have you tried to reorganize your Crystal report, e.g. try to group by PartNum?. Showing only the group header/footer is a good way to get rid of duplicates.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "tanya_denison" <tdenison@...> wrote:
>
> I am struggling with this one, and wondered if anyone here might have dealt with this before.
>
> I am creating a report data definition based on essentially ShipDtl and PartCost. We can have one part duplicated on more than one order line in and order. We can also have one order line duplicated on the pack out, since it may have come from more than one warehouse location.
>
> In my example, I have one part on >1 order line, and one of those order lines was packed out from >1 location. I essentially have 3 pack lines for the same part.
>
> What the XML file ends up with is the same part duplicated three times. Since Epicor's XML file is flat, when it gets to Crystal, it looks like a PartCost table with three duplicate rows. Now in Crystal, I'm having trouble getting rid of the duplicates. I also cannot figure out how to not create them in the first place from the RDD.
>
> I was able to remove Part from the equation by using the Linked Tables function to ShipDtl, but I need to hop another link to Part Cost.
>
> Any ideas are appreciated!
>
> -------
> Tanya Denison | IT Manager | NRS, Inc.
> 2009 S. Main Street, Moscow, ID 83843
>
> tdenison@... | www.nrsweb.com
> c: 208.301.0599 | p: 208.883.7834 Ext 277 | f: 208.882.1744
>
I am struggling with this one, and wondered if anyone here might have dealt with this before.

I am creating a report data definition based on essentially ShipDtl and PartCost. We can have one part duplicated on more than one order line in and order. We can also have one order line duplicated on the pack out, since it may have come from more than one warehouse location.

In my example, I have one part on >1 order line, and one of those order lines was packed out from >1 location. I essentially have 3 pack lines for the same part.

What the XML file ends up with is the same part duplicated three times. Since Epicor's XML file is flat, when it gets to Crystal, it looks like a PartCost table with three duplicate rows. Now in Crystal, I'm having trouble getting rid of the duplicates. I also cannot figure out how to not create them in the first place from the RDD.

I was able to remove Part from the equation by using the Linked Tables function to ShipDtl, but I need to hop another link to Part Cost.

Any ideas are appreciated!

-------
Tanya Denison | IT Manager | NRS, Inc.
2009 S. Main Street, Moscow, ID 83843

tdenison@... | www.nrsweb.com
c: 208.301.0599 | p: 208.883.7834 Ext 277 | f: 208.882.1744