Zero Value PO Blank Title 104260

Sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)

-----Original Message-----
Received: Wednesday, 21 Sep 2011, 12:02pm
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com [vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Zero Value PO

If you are using price breaks the price will always pull in if the part is in your inventory master.

If you were to temporarily clear your price break then it would allow you to enter a PO from inventory with a zero cost.

Then you have to rebuild the price break.

an easier way would be to make a (other) PO use your part number and add a (.) period to the end of it, so it doesn't switch it back to an inventory PO, enter your description and your done

Gary Wojtowicz
AJR Industries, Inc.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I am trying to raise a PO for material which I have been offered free of charge. Vantage will not accept zero value as the cost and keeps changing the price back to a default price. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Michael

Vantage 8.03.305L
Also:

- no costing method is used
- price from RFQ is just inputted at order stage
- Not using the supplier list function?

Regards,
Michael

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "michael.hutcheson@..." <michael.hutcheson@...> wrote:
>
> I am trying to raise a PO for material which I have been offered free of charge. Vantage will not accept zero value as the cost and keeps changing the price back to a default price. Am I missing something?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael
>
> Vantage 8.03.305L
>
If you are using price breaks the price will always pull in if the part is in your inventory master.

If you were to temporarily clear your price break then it would allow you to enter a PO from inventory with a zero cost.

Then you have to rebuild the price break.

an easier way would be to make a (other) PO use your part number and add a (.) period to the end of it, so it doesn't switch it back to an inventory PO, enter your description and your done

Gary Wojtowicz
AJR Industries, Inc.