Add Columns in Sales Order Entry line list grid

I am unsure of how to copy the code? I am unsure of where to get the code so I exported them via directive export?
I opened up my sublime and it was a mile long code, is this what is needed??

Use the upload button in the reply dialog to upload the .bpm files or drag and drop them.

Export3.bpm (19.5 KB)
Export.bpm (6.9 KB)
Export2.bpm (9.0 KB)

I disabled the two method directives and used your Data directive bpm and the fields are set correctly. I had my check01 and 02 reversed, so check they are labeled right.

I did not like having to click ok on the part has been phased out or inactive message, so I played with suppressing them like @josecgomez did with customer on credit hold messages. If you donā€™t want those messages when doing your paste insert change the post processing bpm on ChangePartNumMaster to this.

If other need the message you may need to put a condition of method is called by a specific user for you only.

The Data Directive BPM is still not working on my end.
the part is inactive AND marked as run out and is still not checked.
I have created a new sales order each time as a ā€œtestā€ and have saved and even refreshed. Nothing seems to work. The checkboxes are identified correctly.

if that is line one the DD is not hit until you save.

I have hit save several times and no luck, I still get the alert for line one that the part is inactive.

Iā€™m confused how it works just fine for you, but not me. Could there be any other setting that interferes with this?

I did have to disable some of my other bpms to make the DD work so there could be interference.
Double check that the first attempts with the method directives are not enabled. Are there any other method directives on anything in sales order? If you check the options for return all rows and search for all method directives then do select all.

In the list tab sort by business object. Then look for all sales order objects.

check the tree view on the left for any pre or post processing bpms.

Do the same for Data Directives.

post any you find and we can address.

Hey sorry for the such a late response, summers can be very busy and I literally have not caught a break until this unusually slow Monday and I was getting pretty frustrated dealing with this, and the break has helped me come back with a fresh mind too :slight_smile:

This is what I found under method directives results (I wasnā€™t sure how to get the ā€œlistā€ tab?)

Hereā€™s the data directive results

I also noticed upon entering an order in MANUALLY (hand typed) (since it was just a few lines) the ā€œrun outā€ actually worked! (this is the one that never ticked) but when I enter orders through ā€œpaste insertā€ the inactive and run out columns NEVER work correctly. Could this be the problem?

Are you only using Paste Insert? Or are you using Paste Update?

How many columns are on the clipboard (i.e the number you are pasting)?

I try to arrange the columns in a grid so that only the minimal data is required. From your screen shot above, Id have the columns be:

1. PartNum
  2. Quantity
  3. Unit Price
  4. Description (but only if you want to overwrite the auto filled in description)

And only have that many columns in my source data.

Yes, I only use paste insert. On the rare occasion I will use paste update (but I can always delete the lines and redo the paste insert if it was wrong) but below is the columns I copy and paste (I done the above as an example)

I never copy the first, second, and fifth column down. Itā€™s just that first colum that has "0, TRUE, EA) to be honest, I could probably get away with deleting the ā€œeaā€ column.

I donā€™t want to override the unit price or description (some rare occasions I do, but I add that column in for that specific order, but all of our descriptions and prices pull over automatically and is the most up to date)

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. What @gpayne is suggesting with a BPM to set your checkbox fields is a good way indicate if the part is Run Out or Inactive, I did a BPM similar to this for TimePhase. You could try to assign the Part.Inactive & Part.Runout in the code to the BPMContextData.Checkbox01 & Checkbox02 and then use two more actions to assign Checkbox01 & checkbox02 to the OrderDtl fields.
  2. I noticed that some of your RunOut & InActive parts have a description that says to use another part. Are you not using Part Alternates? You can find this in Part Entry under the alternates tab. Not sure if it worked properly in your version, but the idea is to define the default alternate part in Part Entry and then when that part is keyed, it will switch to the alternate automatically, if itā€™s InActive. Perhaps you wouldnā€™t need a BPM at all and not have to clean up lines after the fact.

Just to make sure weā€™re addressing your problemā€¦

Is your issue with pasting a PartNum which is already marked as Run-out or InActive, as this breaks the pasting process?

Or are you trying to change the Run-out and/or InActive fields (in the part master) during the pasting process? For something that lets you temporarily add the part to the order, and set a flag to mark that the lines needs reviewing (AKA changed P/N)?

Not all parts have a 'replacement" (the description saying to use another part) we also do not substitute parts for our customers unless they have agreed to it, in some cases we get charged back or fined substituting parts because sometimes its against their contract with us.

The description isnā€™t something we necessarily look at, the inactive and run out, guides me to let our customers know of these changes and makes it to where I can delete these items off the order so they do not show up on the pick ticket and cause confusion, that and if the description is asking to use another part I am able to bring that up and get the approval to subsitute or delete (substitues are ā€œsimilarā€ items, and not always the same thing, same price etc).

My issue is when I copy and paste insert an order the lines fill in, sometimes i get ā€œso and so is inactiveā€ or "so and so is being phased out etcā€™ I click okay on those, and the order still continues to run, and when its finished I save and the inactive and run out is suppose to be checked if said parts had a pop up screen or should be looking at part maintenance

and checking to see if each part is either marked ā€œrun outā€ or ā€œinactiveā€. I donā€™t always remember what lines were errors (phased out or inactive messages) and would like to have this, so I can then filter those lines and delete them off the order or address these to the customers etc. Our main complaint is having these show up on the pick ticket, and there is no sense in having an ā€œinactiveā€ part on the order to begin with, and since I do order entry, I feel I should eliminate these inactive parts.

Since you canā€™t add an inactive part to an order, Iā€™d assume that the ā€œInactiveā€ displayed on the Order Entry form, is really only valid for showing old orders.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t this explain why the BPM doesnā€™t mark the Inactive parts?
If so, then the BPM is fine and works ok.
So how to capture the Inactive parts, maybe write the part to the Order Comments?
Or some other more elegant option?

Inactive parts still show on the order, they are able to be entered onto the order (just like the phased out) its a warning but its still able to be put on an order. Hereā€™s an example of some inactive parts on a sample order I just put together today.

FYI - all of these parts should have Inactive and Run Out ticked as true/yes.

Here;s two inactive pop ups, one actually is ticked inactive,the other not. They should also be ticked ā€œrun outā€ as they are both marked run out in part maintenance.

The UH and UM are correct though. (and the one UA in blue)

Hereā€™s the part maintence on the two examples above in red (and the two error messages)

I was thinking of maybe ā€œtweakingā€ the part number to prefix it with ā€œINA-ā€

1. Copy the Descr, & cost of part that is inactive
  2. Update the P/N to ā€œINA-ā€ + original P/N
  3. Set the Desc, qty and cost of the new ā€œINA-ā€¦ā€ P/N

Granted Iā€™m on E10, Iā€™d bet dollars to donuts the business logic is similar to that in E9

When I try to paste insert a part that is marked InActive in the Part master, I get:

Clicking OK yields:

Clicking OK on the Business Logic Error dialog yields:

Hitting Cancel at the " Warning Part ā€¦ is inactive" dialog yields the following.

Or is it the function of the BPMā€™s to circumvent these warnings & business logic?