Advanced UOM and Sheets (Metal, Wood, etc,) OR I'm a big fat liar

Hi John,
I am trying to do something similar. We receive long fabric rolls. IUM in Yards. They are too long to unravel and measure so we weigh them. We take the “theoretical” length and divide by actual weight to get a ratio. Later down the road, we consume from the roll, re-weigh, and use that ratio to determine how many yards are left of the roll. The ratio needs to be dynamic. Overall it doesn’t seem too far off from your scenario. I guess I’m not fully understanding your “aha” moment. Are you saying you enter the actual length, actual width, but then that is mapped to an attribute that has “N/A” as a value in a combo box? Maybe you wouldn’t mind taking a few screenshots of the Class setup? I think that might help make it click for me. Thanks in advance - your posts have already been very helpful.

Furthermore, is there a away to leave the Attribute Set on the MoM as null? Reason I ask is because one of the attributes we want to track is “shade”. The fabric can match the master reference. Can be lighter, can be darker. We dont care which shade gets used on the job, we just want to track which shade ultimately got used.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @tomboland !

Unfortunately, I am no longer at that company and have not gotten AUOM at my current one yet.

First question I have is: are you going to use MRP/PO Suggestions with these rolls in any way to drive inventory?