Allow any user to view a single Financial Report?

Hello,

Our CFO wants our Managers to be able to access a single report he created in the Financial Report Designer, but not all of them. Most if not all of our managers are not a member of the “financial” security group so they do not have access to the Financial Reports module.

I was thinking that if I added the managers to the financial security group and created a BPM to only allow them to print that report ID in question, then that could be a workaround? But if I did that, they would have access to every other financial security group thing in Epicor, and we wouldn’t want that.

I would imagine that the tables in the Financial Report Designer are not accessible from the normal BAQ Report Designer so I couldn’t just recreate that one report in the BAQ RD.

Does anyone have any idea if this can even be done in some way or is this just a no go?

Thanks

How dynamic is this data? Hourly? Daily? Weekly Monthly?

If not too dynamic, you may be better off creating the reports (automatically) and putting them in a place where security is controlled: DocStar, SharePoint (or even a file share. :face_vomiting:) With the former solutions, you can actually see if they are reading them.

Hey Mark,

This sounds like a decent workaround.I believe the data is a monthly dynamic.
By automatically creating the reports, you mean setting up a recurring printing schedule from the financial reports module, correct?

We do have a company wide shared drive that would be the best spot to put this report. Can you have Epicor print this report and save it to a specific folder every time?

Thread here talks about the various options.

1 Like

Appreciate the help Mark!