Anyone using Epicor Commerce Connect with Configurators?

Besides @jstephens link to the tent configurator I think we got one example from our CAM.

ECC had a staggering cost (in the context of what it would do for us and the size of our company), and the way the configurators looked and interacted was unprofessional, slow, and generally very unacceptable. Very regrettable.

If we end up doing something it will be custom designed I think.

Was that using the new Epicor Web Configurators? Itā€™s supposed to give you a lot more control over the look and feel of it, but Iā€™ve yet to see an actual example. When we were having a demo it didnā€™t work, which doesnā€™t exactly bode well for this.

The tent site is with the old web configurators, but they sent a clothing site that supposedly had the new web configurators, it was totally broken.

They wouldnā€™t let me test it in any other way, so I dunno if is actually better than what they currently offer or if it is even ready for customer use or not.

FWIW, weā€™re at the same point with ECC and the configurators. Our Marketing team recently asked me to look into the feasibility of integrating a 3rd party option from our website.

I was able to mock up an example where the API accepts a quote with a Smart String and then a standard Data Directive (triggered on new rows where QuoteDtl.SmartString is not blank and QuoteDtl.SmartStringProcessed is false) executes Epicorā€™s configuration process with the configured values. So, as far as a proof-of-concept, a custom design with the level of integration ECC provides is feasible, but will take some work and a lot of QA to make sure the values coming in are valid and appropriate.

1 Like

Hmm, interestingā€¦ We have far too many inputs for smart strings, but I could probably do something similar with the REST API or something. For us though, this removes the point of ECC as we only sell configured products really, so if we are gonna have to put a lot of customizing into it we might as well make our own store and use the Epicor REST API.