Application Studio: How display text value based on search selection?

I’m working on migrating old E10 customizations to Kinetic and I’m stuck. In Part Entry we have a customization written that saves a “Sold To Customer” value in a UD field to record who “owns” this engineered part. The customization does three things:

1. Allows a user to click the button and search for a customer
  2. Sets the Part.Number01 value = the selected Customer.CustNum value
  3. If set, displays the Customer.CustID and Customer.Name values on load

So far, #1 an #2 is working, but I’m stuck trying to figure out how to do #3. Any ideas on how to display the actual text values of CustID and Name on form load (they can load in text boxes like the old customization above, or as text in this “Sold to Customer” box)???

For my own sanity, and perhaps yours, below is how #1 and #2 were accomplished

1) Add a text box to your layer, assign your EpBinding, click “Enable Search”, then click “On Search Click”

2) Add the “search-show” dialog (tells the system to load a search window)

3) Set the parameters > search options as shown (defines where to search)

4) Choose the OnSuccess behavior

5) Define the value to pass into your text box (sets your desired value)

6) That’s it!

Use multibinding.

Are you storing the custid and name in seperate columns?

@hmwillett Hannah has a multi binding post around here somewhere… You’re pretty much there. Just missing this bit then you’re set.

If you dont find it ill post something in the morning unless someone beats me to it.

Basic
Ep Binding: Part
Value: searchResult

Then in parameters… youll find the multi binding… :slight_smile:

Well, we are not storing Customer.CustID or Customer.Name in the DB. We are only storing Customer.CustNum in the Part_UD.Number01 field.

I just want to display the CustID and Name to the user for reference. Somehow, after the search is complete and the Number01 field updated, I need to display the ID and Name on this screen below (or in) the search box.

I looked over this link, but I don’t think it applies to my need here (I am quite fresh getting into Application Studio).

Thanks.

I’m assuming that I need to add two more text boxes, one to display the CustID and one to display the Name? Then somehow do a lookup on page load to get the ID and Name using the Part_UD.Number01 value (the Customer.Num) value?

I would use AfterGetByID → After

1 - Create a BAQ which probably the easiest.
2 - Then create a new dataview for the BAQ which will create a event for executing the BAQ.
3 - I would use parameters in your BAQ on the CustNum then the event created by the guided setup.

Find the event created by the guided setup… Enter the parameter (Part.Number01) and it will populate the dataview you created.

Then your page. Display the columns from the BAQ DataView.

This assuming that you have data in Part.Number01. If you not…You would want to do a filter so you don’t get the stupid slide-out from the BAQ parameter.

Or you could put a condition in place before calling the BAQ '{Part.Number01}' > 0 then true… execute BAQ false don’t execute.