Application Studio - Layers are missing Published Changes

Hi,

We have made and published various changes in Application Studio to the Order Entry screen. However, today when I go into Application studio, all of the changes are missing in the layer. We have not removed any of these changes. The changes are still visible in the live version of the screen (i.e. last published version).

Has anyone come across this? Is there a way to reset an Application Studio layer to the last published version? A lot of work went into the customisations, and I want to avoid recreating them all.

Thanks for any help.

First thing I would try would be to clear your browser’s cache, assuming you’re using the browser version.
Second, try a different browser.

If you’re using the client, try using the browser instead. If they show up, then try and publish and go back into the client.

Last resort would be to use SQL to push XXXDef.Content (published JSON) into XXXDef.SysCharacter03 (Unpublished JSON).
Similar issue, which has similar steps to do so:
Application Studio Deleting Components - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, none of those options worked for me. We ended up recreating all of the customisations in a new layer.

The only feedback Support have been able to provide so far is that the layer that errored has both ‘Has Draft’ and ‘Published’ ticked - which apparently should not be possible. They’re therefore investigating it as a Kinetic bug…

1 Like

I don’t know why that wouldn’t be possible.
You can have a published layer, but still be working on changes which would be the draft.