[ Auto-Print ] ShipDtl Label?

I have been Auto-Printing ShipDtl Labels since E9, however in E10 the Auto-Print is not passing through only whats in the ttShipDtl buffer, but its grabbing all ShipDtl which have . Just curious if I am missing something.

^^ Notice 2, there should only be 1 - the other one i Packed Out hours ago, still keeps coming.

From what I could gather behind the scenes Epicor calls this.FindShipHead(Session.CompanyID, PackNum); and your RDD flows from ShipHead -> ShipDtl which would mean it would always include all ShipDtls ignoring the ShipDtl.PackLine. I could create a BPM to write to ShipHead.LastActiveLine_c … was hoping I didn’t have to.

Worked fine in E9 the RDD only received what the BAM passed through, honoring PackLine.

There should be another Param PackLine when you are in the Std Directive of ShipDtl =/ bummer.

So, you are printing a packing slip and it is pulling in all the ShipDtl’s for said Pack? That seems to be working as intended if I am understanding correcltly

I am printing a Label for each Box packed out at the “Packout” screen which creates/updates to a ShipDtl (not ShipHead). So in E9 I had a BAM on ShipDtl and RDD to Print each ttPackOut.

I would have assumed that when you do Auto-Print on ShipDtl it would accept PackNum, PackLine and when you did it on ShipHead it would ask for PackNum only… Looks like I will have to do some BPM work in the Standard Directive to populate a lookup =)

I am having this exact same issue in our upgrade to E10. I contacted Epicor Support and they were absolutely no help! They said this was a “highly customized label request” and offered to refer me to Epicor Custom Solutions Group. Support said that GenShip was only meant to be used on ShipHead. Like you, it worked for me in E9 with a BAM on ShipDtl. Did you ever figure something out with this? I tried something like your idea to set ShipHead.LastActiveLine_c with a BPM, but I kept running into walls. I couldn’t figure out how to filter the extra records out in the BarTender label definition. Is anyone else out there printing BarTender container labels from a ShipDtl BPM?

1 Like

I did finally… I created a ShipHead.ShipDtlRowID_c (GUID) column and in the Auto-Print for ShipDtl I have code which finds the ShipHead with the PackNum and assigns it the ttShipDtl.SysRowID which is meant just to be a Querying Records helper in the RDD… and then in the RDD I query the ShipDtl by PackNum and ShipHead.ShipDtlRowID_c = ShipDtl.SysRowID.

When I get on my other PC, I can take some screenshots. Also the RDD behaves a bit strange =)

I did finally… I created a ShipHead.ShipDtlRowID_c (GUID) column and in the Auto-Print for ShipDtl I have code which finds the ShipHead with the PackNum and assigns it the ttShipDtl.SysRowID which is meant just to be a Querying Records helper in the RDD… and then in the RDD I query the ShipDtl by PackNum and ShipHead.ShipDtlRowID_c = ShipDtl.SysRowID.

Here are some screenshots.

I would also delete all those Relationships in the RDD and rebuild them, they all have the wrong Keys in them, keys which no longer exist.

Last Note, if you do use events during PackOut it used to be POUpdate and now its POUpdateAndDisplay, its a little tricky the PRE has variables related to ShipDtl and the POST has variables only related to the PackOut screen so in order to preserve like the Quantity being packed out you will need to pass them through the context. (This Might not apply to you, but a heads-up if it does).

All code Above is work-in-progress need to refactor it and still tweak a few things. It was slapped together to see if this concept would work, it seems like it definitely will =)

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed reply. I will try this out and see if I can make something work.

:+1::+1::+1::+1:
I got it working! I ended up using ShipDtl.PackLine instead of ShipDtl.SysRowID and assigning it to a ShipHead.PackLineForLabel_c UD field in a BPM Data Directive on ShipDtl. Then I added ShipHead.PackLineForLabel_c = ShipDtl.PackLine to the ShipDtl2ShipHead relationship on the RDD. Thanks again!

1 Like

There goes that “Highly Customized Label needs CSG” =)

1 Like

By the way I saw they fixed it in a recent version where you can now connect to the Line in the Auto Print Dialog :slight_smile: @greg.bakker

3 Likes

In 10.2.300 Auto print is not having . any idea

You have to do it under the Standard tab not In-Transaction.