Avalara Timeout Issues?

Anyone have any reports with Avalara issues, time outs?

Their status page shows no issues, but it’s been an odd morning.

We had an issue with Avalara connectivity a couple years ago. Turned out to be a peice of IT equipment was re-deployed and was misconfigured. I could use tracert from my home ISP to Avalara and it would be just a few hops. But when I ran tracert on the App server, it would get to 30+ hops and timeout. Spent way to much time with Epicor and Avalar support when it wasn’t their fault.

see:

1 Like

If anyone has Avalara can you click “Test Connection” on Company Config a few times… Looks like ours times out every 5-8th try.

Just did it 10 times and all 10 tries passed. One note, try #5 took a little longer but did pass.

Try connecting to their API from a browser

https://avatax.avalara.net/Tax/TaxSvc.asmx/v2

I got it fixed by calling Avalara. Blank out your API Key and re-enter it and hit Save… Works now!

Yet it makes no sense :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Didn’t even have to save or test connection between blanking it and re-entering it?

Maybe celebrate to early… Invoice still timed out hm.

What aspect? Calculating the taxes, Validating addresses, or posting?

Calculating Taxes, Pushing the Test Connection button several times.

It appears that the service is hosted on AWS.

Any reported problems with them?

I was in sandbox today which probably doesn’t help you… It connected fine after I clicked test connection.

Avalara said they are having issues… Surprised im the only one noticing it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah we are about to start using it and this is something to be aware of yeah?

Does this slow down order entry or invoicing then too because tax can’t calculate?

Hmmm…
the following shows no downtime, yet @hkeric.wci was told by Avalar that there were issues. Note that that page in the link below allows you to subscribe to email notifications of service interruptions (and resolutions).

1 Like

Make sure in the ERP Company Config you set the Timeout to 300, dont take the defualt. If you network or firewall has even a slight delay you will have issues. never have issues with a 300 (5 min) timeout.

It is at 300… but the odd part the timeout doesnt even work, I set it to 10, it still processes an invoice for like 12 minutes before timing out.

We weren’t having issue till today. Now we are seeing intermittent issues.

1 Like

Ours apparently went away, unless its back now, but the support rep said he doesnt have the phone number of development / it to get more info on the issue.

Didnt realize teams dont communicate.

Status Page still has no indication of degradation of service.

It’s very hit and miss. They must be having issues. Blame DNS. It’s always DNS…

3 Likes