BAQ Export Process to XML missing collumn

Hi folks!

We’re tying to get some BAQ data output into Excel. The dataset is too large for doing it from a grid, so we’re using the BAQ Export Process.

We have a BAQ query with a related table that is an left outer join (we want all records from the parent – some children may not exist). There are several columns in the output.

In this simple output, the Analyze output shows all the expected rows, where the Parent table columns all show values and some of the columns on some rows have blank cell values where there is no Child relation (also as expected).

However this prevents us from using the process’s XML format as an option (the Excel column is misplaced out of order if the first XML record doesn’t have a child cell value). We were using the XML format so that we could import that data into Excel, retaining text and numeric data types (eg. “03” should import as “03” not a number 3).

Importing CSV exported data into Excel is horrible natively – Excel auto-determines the data type for a column EVEN IF IT’S SURROUNDED BY QUOTES – which is super annoying.

Before I tell all our users, to export as csv, and then find the file, rename it to TXT, and then run the data import wizard in Excel just to get this BAQ data (ugh!) … I wanted to check to see if any of you had any tips on making this PITA process easier?

#rantover #asstoelbow

Thanks!

Pull REST data into Excel based on values on excel? - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

1 Like

@Jeff_Owens Have you tried ISNULL or Coalesce on the left join cells? maybe that would force a space.

Not sure if this will work in your case but sometimes with outer joins, to get around similar issues I will display a calculated field instead of the raw table. field.
Something like this
ISNULL(table.field, 0 ) > 0 then table.field else…
some default value - e.g. “” if it’s a string, 0 for an integer, etc…

1 Like

I’ll try messing with calculated fields. i don’t remember this being so frustrating before. Has something changed recently with BAQ Export.

I’m also seeing that even tho I have this last column marked as a {date} it’s still exporting {datetime}. Bug?

Even as a calculated column, I get a time component added when running it via BAQ Export.

Thoughts? BAQ Export does something different? So strange and frustrating.