BAQ report sorting incorrectly

I have a BAQ report where it lists the Job assemblies and job materials, so our employees can view which parts are used for a plant.

The SSRS report style have the options to sort by JobAsmbl_PartNum or JobAsmb_AsseblySeq. But When we print preview the report, the sorting is all messed up.

Is this a known issue in SSRS reports for epicor or can anybody help me out if I’m doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance!

If possible, I always do the sorting in the RDL (SSRS) itself. Take a look at the main tablix where your data is displayed. Click on the tablix, then right click on the top left square of the grid, and open Tablix Properties. Try the sort here first. If you have groupings, use the Row Groups list at the bottom right to check the sort for the individual groups. Normally this is turned off, but you can set it here much easier than you can in BAQ Report.
Good luck!

5 Likes

That’s very good information! I tried those and they worked well, Thanks for this.

My next question then is the user don’t have an option for choosing to sort when they print the report right? because whatever sorting we define in the RDL is fixed.

You could create a calculated field that dynamically assembles a sort key based on parameters and always sort on that key.

That is correct, (unless you do some tricky work around like @Mark_Wonsil suggested.)
If you want the user to be able to modify or select the sort, then you can only apply the sort at the BAQ Report level. If you want to do this, then remove the sort at your RDL and BAQ levels. Make sure your BAQ returns all the possible results your user could be interested in. Then when you setup the BAQ Report, add a sort field. Sometimes not all fields are available for sorting in this method. I am not sure why that is. If I can, I prefer to skip the user defined sort, and apply it myself.
Good luck!

I found Exactly What I wanted to do from another post. Mentioning it here so someone else might find it helpful.