BAQ's

Hi
I am trying to learn how to do a BAQ I am trying to do a simple one that lists all parts and the primary bins (all parts even the ones with nothing in them). I have spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and not getting it. Is there a good place for training on them?

you simply need to figure out where the actual data is that you want. In most cases you can use field help… but the Primary BIN is always a challenge to find.
The tables you need are the Part and the PlantWhse (where the default bin for each part resides).
Here is me creating a BAQ… this took about 2 minutes.

1. IN the query diagram, choose the Part and PlantWhse tables:

2. in the Display, select the fields you want to show:

3. Test:

I believe that there are several videos available on how to build BAQs in the help. I also encourage you to attend #Insights2023 the week of May 14th where there will be extended Education, Labs, and other general sessions where you can learn how to do this. Insights23 is from Sunday May 14th through Thursday may 18th in Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay. The first two days are for extended Education. Monday night is traditionally the wine and cheese meet and greet.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Tim. I really appreciate this. We did go to Nashville last year it was very educational i just ran out of time to do more of the advanced things.

Thank you again.

Tanya

I wish there was somewhere to figure out which tables to pull in when creating a BAQ. I know the help does but i couldn’t find where the prime bin was.

@taustin , you picked the hardest field to find for one of your first BAQs. Using field help will help you find 99.9% of the tables and fields you need. For the other .01% you can come here and ask where it is.

2 Likes

Thank you John!

Per jkane… field help works pretty well.

Also, you might want to search for CHM… there are a few versions listed.

And here is a REALLY old V8 schema sheet for parts & some related tables.
I think most of it still applies in E10 today.
PartTables.pdf (59.5 KB)

Hi Tim
I have another question on BAQ’s I go to the help but i can only find help in the Kinetic. I have shut off Kinetic due to too many issues with it So we are just using Classic. Where do i find the Classic help on BAQ’s?

Press F1 and search for baq once it launches