BPM - Add Column to Datatable

I was trying to add a custom column when calling Labor.GetRows post processing method directive. Then code below compiles and I get no error when the method is called, but the column is not in the resulting data. Is there a way to achieve what I am attempting here, or is this never going to work?

result.LaborDtl.Columns.Add(Ice.IceColumn.Create("ProjectDesc", typeof(string)));
foreach (var row in result.LaborDtl)
  {
    var jobHead = Db.JobHead.FirstOrDefault(r => r.Company == row.Company && r.JobNum == row.JobNum);
    if (jobHead != null)
    {
      var project = Db.Project.FirstOrDefault(r => r.Company == jobHead.Company && r.ProjectID == jobHead.ProjectID);
      if (project != null)
      {
        row["ProjectDesc"] = project.Description;
      }          
    }
  }

You can’t do it this way :frowning: unfortunately.
There is a Merge between the server dataset and the client dataset where this will get lost. You have a few options, replace the grid with a custom BAQView Grid (see other posts about it)

Or you could do a simple Foreign Key lookup and add the field via a customization. Or you could add the UD fields to the LaborDtl table in the Extended UD (as an actual UD field) then populate it as you are doing.

That’s what I thought was happening and why the column wasn’t getting returned. Thanks Jose!