BPM "Intellisense" Gone in 10.2.200?

Lemme preempt some of the responses: Visual Studio (or other), yes I know. I do use it, but not for quick things.

So–when I was on 10.1.500, the BPM designer had a bit of intellisense.
For instance, when writing a linq query, one I typed “Db.Jo”, it would give me a list of tables that start with Jo (JobOper).
This doesn’t seem to happen anymore in the 10.2.200.
Am I missing something?

In 10.2 it seemed to perform better for me. Not sure of the minor version though

I don’t get any predictions at all anymore. (I’m on 10.2.200.11).
I also don’t like that the text in the code window is at the extreme left of it without any padding. It’s really disorienting for some reason.

Issue

When using the Custom Code (e.g. using BPM containing the Execute Custom Code), the Autocomplete window no longer appears like it used to up to version 10.1.400.

Error

NA

Resolution

Since ERP 10.1.500 the Autocomplete needs to be activated by typing Ctrl+Space in the Enter Custom Code windows.

Notes

If no suggestion is available when you press CTRL+Space you will see a “No suggestions” message.

The change was introduced in 10.1.600 for performance reason, so as not to slow down when people did not need the Autocomplete.

The CTRL+Space is not documented in 10.1.600 Help Section. That will be remedied in version 10.2.200, under BPM Workflow Designer > Callers > Execute

2 Likes

Hilarious… I guess I really am a new guy. I just discovered that I could get Intellisortof by typing CTRL+Space in BPM Workflow Designer after wasting hours trying to figure out how to populate a call context variable and not realizing I had it cased wrong. I was so excited I was going to post it here because nobody ever mentioned it to me before…

For those of us only just a year or two into Epicor, this is still a huge relief to stumble on, so no apologies that @hmwillett 's trash is my treasure. And I’d much rather have it come when called (I shall call it IntelliSpot :dog:) instead of pop up all the time like VS does. :grin:

4 Likes