BPM "Send Email" vs AutoPrint (to email)

In V8 I wrote a .P program to build the email and had complete control over all aspects of the email (Subject:, To:, CC:, Body:, etc… (except BCC:)). This included queries of info that was distantly related to the table selected by the BAM.

I was going to use the Auto Print to send an email, until I realized that I can’t dynamically configure the email fields.

Then I looked at the “Send Mail” object in the BPM, and saw that I could dynamically the fields. But it appears to be limited to basic table or field queries of only the table the Data Directive monitors.

What would be the best way to get the functionality I had with the BAM running a program, like I had in V8?

If you’re in 10 I posted code from the WI EUG I presented on that does just that.

Joshua Giese
CTO
920.437.6400 x342
Wisconsin Converting Inc.

Link please…

And thanks in advance.

Just do a quick search of WI EUG, @rbucek started the thread.

Joshua Giese
CTO
920.437.6400 x342
Wisconsin Converting Inc.

1 Like

Calvin:

Did you get this solved? I am starting down this road and having issues. I put in a membership request to EUG, but won’t be able to search for @jgiese.wci 's code on my own for a few days.

TIA

1 Like

Yes I did. Here’s a link to a post with a link to the code (Inception!)

My end solution was to make a BPM, and build the email entirely in the Custom Code widget.

1 Like

Thanks so much!!