BPM Widget Question

I am trying to be good, and use the widgets for a BPM. Basically it’s a Post-Proc on UD08 - I’m using DMT to put data into that table, then using “Invoke BO” to call QuickJob and create a new job using the data from UD08. All good so far. I then want to add info into a UD field - so as the QJ adapter doesn’t include the UD columns from JobHead, I elected to call some of the BOs from JobEntry. See below:

So I basically all:

JobEntry.GetByID
Set my Field SampleID_c
Set RowMod = U in Custom Code
JobEntry.Update
(ignore the Delete UD08, that bit works fine)

My question is this - is it expected that I need to use C# code to set the RowMod to U? I can’t see the RowMod using a Set Field widget, because that field isn’t displayed. I can’t believe that I should need to set the RowMod when using widgets, is this just a bug or have I missed something?

@timshuwy I know you’re an advocate of using widgets wherever possible…!

Hey Mark:

When i need to set row mod I just loop through my dataset and set row mod to U, its usually its own special c# widget in the workflow right before I call update.

You can also use fill table and set the row mod in the mapping. But yes, I’d also like to know why we cant see row mod in the set field widget

This is an enhancement I’ve asked to see for a while, but alas…
@jgehling is right, either C# or Fill Table is your option.
What I would LIKE is when the Set field is used, ensure the RowMod is set. This means if the RowMod already has a value, then leave it, otherwise set it to “U”.
I would also love to see the Set Field have the ability to set many fields so we could use less widgets. Fill Table by Query seems the best bet…

1 Like